Hi there,

I'm about to take the plunge and get a Z10. Have to say can't wait.

I have been looking at all the reviews but wanted to get first hand information from those who have the z10 as to how the phone sounds playing back music through a pair of head/earphones. I'm not one for videos but do commute a great deal. I normally wait for gsmarena reviews as they normally cover this field in good depth but cant wait that long this time. A lot of the reviews focus on call quality and quality of video playback but nothing on music quality. I have an iphone 5 at the moment which isnt bad in terms of sound quality and adjusting the brightness settings etc i normally last a whole day with ample battery to spare so figure the z10 should be the same. If not theres always the spare battery.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    02-05-13 03:14 PM
    Sounds better through headphones than ear phones as usually is the case anyway. Gets loud but not loud enough to hurt your ears unlike some, good quality however the searching for a song is a bit faffy until you get used to it. I used to get through maybe 30% of my useless Torch 's battery listening to music for an hour on the way to college and my z10 only takes 10 at the most with some light texting also with the screen at 70 I think it's very good and it has replaced my ipods use
    02-05-13 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. My iphone at 20% brightness is good enough for my eyes and the battery and i can only imagine the BB being about the same. Looking forward to getting it now.
    02-05-13 03:21 PM
    I think the music is just ok. It's definitely no iPod replacement. The music I've listened to tends to be a little exaggerated on the treble side. I also dislike the inability to skip songs with the headphone controls like you can on any iDevice. For example, I used to be able to just double click the mute button to skip to the next song, and triple click to go to the previous song... but this functionality doesn't exist in the BlackBerry 10.
    mits likes this.
    02-05-13 03:22 PM
    You can skip songs with my headphones plugged in but I think it varies brand to brand. They need an update with an EQ setting that would make it a lot better than it already is and it is a bit tricky but I do imagine it will become better my iTunes music syncs to my phone and I don't notice a huge difference between quality but maybe I just don't have a good enough ear
    02-05-13 03:30 PM
    Anyone here yet know if the Z10 supports USB audio out?
    02-05-13 03:43 PM
    You can skip songs with my headphones plugged in but I think it varies brand to brand. They need an update with an EQ setting that would make it a lot better than it already is and it is a bit tricky but I do imagine it will become better my iTunes music syncs to my phone and I don't notice a huge difference between quality but maybe I just don't have a good enough ear
    Agree about the EQ! Definitely need one. I'm using the premium BlackBerry headphones actually, and i can't skip ahead or go back. Which headphones do you have and how does the function work?
    02-06-13 12:28 AM
    I have finally put some music on my Z10. I have a set of MEElectronics A161P balanced armature IEMs. Using the same audio files on my Playbook, iPod 3.5G (Wolfson codec) I am very impressed. The Z10 wins hands down, followed by the Playbook, which would appear to have a bit more powerful amp. With these IEMs (which are very flat) I see no need for EQ. Stereo separation is excellent, creating a very open soundstage. Detail is superb across the range. Plenty loud if you turn on Headphone audio boost.

I bought an LG 2X (P999) over a year ago for its sound quality (did some great DSP) and there is no comparison.
    02-10-13 08:17 AM