Use the music app every day going to work (45 minute drive each way). The other day, the music app stopped reading the SD card and would not scan until I got home, hooked it up to the computer and accessed the card directly. Then it was working fine. Today, it is doing it again. I have removed and replaced the card, restarted (even pulled battery) and nothing.

When it happens, no apps on the phone can access the SD card, including pictures or file explorer. The only way to get it working again is to access the SD card through the computer, which takes a while, as if it is rebuilding the structure.

So, is it the phone or the card? Or? Help please?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:27 PM
    This is most likely a symptom that your SD card is giving up, it might be time for a new one
    06-02-14 06:36 PM
    Brand of card? Size of card, Class of card? How much data on the card? You can try moving data off (backup) and reformatting it???
    06-02-14 09:26 PM
    Brand of card? Size of card, Class of card? How much data on the card? You can try moving data off (backup) and reformatting it???
    SanDisk Ultra 32G Class 10 Card, 8G free space. Popped it direct into the computer and it read instantly, all data present.Since it is a flash card, which either works or doesn't, I'm thinking the phone has a problem. I will, however, try a different card in the phone tomorrow.
    06-02-14 11:52 PM
    I have same problem since I ve upgraded to latest software. Music app does not read any album on the SD card and Picture app does the same. After reset it seems to take approx 12hours to index SD card itself (64GB Sandisk, 10GB music, 428MB pictures, plus few other files, rest is free). Card is absolutely fine everywhere else and all apps were ok until the upgrade. Also before indexing finished any work with file browser was extremely slow (actions such as entering folder ,including internal memory, took tens of second) now it is fast as expected.

From my perspective this is obvious, and unexpected, software issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 11:54 PM
    I know this, too (32GB). Happened several times. I could not find any way to handle this except rebooting the device.
    06-03-14 01:25 AM
    SanDisc cards are known for errors. I switched out all my sd cards and micro sd cards for Patriot Cards. They are a dollar or two more but my local superstore geeks said that was the only brand that never seems to get returned. That was 5 years ago. I still haven't had a single mishap from any of mine. Camcorders, cameras, phones, photo displays and even my Garmin gps has a Patriot card in it. In fact I'm using a 16 GB card in my Z10 that was in my EVO3D and reformatted and used in a Canon camera with an adapter. No errors yet. Smooth as silk

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-03-14 02:00 AM
    As a wrap-up to this thread, I bought a new SD card and had the same problem still after copying everything over. So, I looked at what I was copying and there were various extraneous temp files in the root moving over along with the files I wanted. So, since I had a backup of everything already, I just deleted those temp files. I've had no problems since, so some basic file the phone needed must have been corrupt and now seems to have resolved itself. Have reformatted the old SD card and it works like a charm in my camera.
    FF22 and awindsr like this.
    07-07-14 09:17 AM