I don't own a z10 yet, but the guys that do, how do you access music through the lockscreen. Should I say music playback through the lockscreen with out having any audio playing in the first place,if that makes any sense. Thanks
    03-10-13 03:57 PM
    If nothing is playing then you can't access music unless you unlock it first.

If music is playing, you can control the volume from the lock screen by using the rocker switch. You can pause/play with the button in between the rockers.

When you press the rocker buttons while a song is playing, a box will appear, if you press the media image in that box then the device immediately unlocks and goes to the music app.

You can also change a setting that's under the system volume screen to allow the rockers to skip songs by holding them. Which works when locked.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    ovalfastlx and zzbsb like this.
    03-10-13 04:04 PM
    Not entirely true. Even when locked, when I activate the Bluetooth media input in my car radio, music starts playing, even if the music app is not yet started.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:16 PM
    Not entirely true. Even when locked, when I activate the Bluetooth media input in my car radio, music starts playing, even if the music app is not yet started.

Posted via CB10
    Well I suppose if you have it setup like that, then it works, but I don't have that, and i didn't even know it was possible.

So I'm assuming your bluetooth is accessing the media player on the Z and choosing the music?

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-10-13 04:29 PM
    So it needs to be unlocked, then access the music app, and start playing to get access to the music controls on the lock screen
    03-10-13 04:43 PM
    Well I suppose if you have it setup like that, then it works, but I don't have that, and i didn't even know it was possible.

So I'm assuming your bluetooth is accessing the media player on the Z and choosing the music?
    Yes, and if the radio is already set to Bluetooth when I start the car, music will start playing by itself. When I turn off the car ignition off, the music stops, but the app stays loaded.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:56 PM
    The reason for this question, was that I'm trying to gauge how different the z10 and iPhone music UI is.
    03-10-13 06:39 PM
    if you have the music app open (in an active frame) and a playlist loaded, pressing the play/pause hard key (middle key in between the volume up/down) will start playing the music if your screen is off and locked. as someone else mentioned, enabling long press on the volume up/down in settings will let you change songs this way too. you don't ever have to unlock your phone.

if you are like me and use headphones, I would suggest downloading the neutron mp app. same funtionality as the stock music player with two huge differences. it has an option to let the app start playing music as soon as headphones are inserted and stop when disconnected. also, it automatically loads your previous track history/playlist upon app start. this allows me to open the app and leave it. when I want to listen to music I just plug in my head phones and away I go.
    ovalfastlx and jesse_h like this.
    03-10-13 08:15 PM