I was really hoping this day would never come. Until this week, I haven't had a single issue with my Z10 (got it two days after it's release here in the US). I absolutely love this phone! But this week has been a bit trying.

Issue #1: This issue started a little more then a week ago. I noticed that I would take pictures and everything would seem fine. I would go to look at some of the pics the next day, and one or two of them would just show up as some grayed out icon, and they won't open. It's also doing something where it looks like two pictures overlap for some reason? I will post a pic because it's hard to explain. Up to this time I've lost a handful of pictures, and I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Issue #2: This issue hit me about 3 days ago. When I get to work, I always put my phone into airplane mode so it wasn't searching for signal all day (no service inside the building). I went to break, and pulled down from the top and chose "settings" (to disable airplane mode) and nothing happened. Tried again...nothing. Scrolled through on my phone to find the settings icon. Pushed it...the icon turned gray...but nothing happened. At this point I rebooted the phone. Tried to get back into settings again (both ways). No go. I pulled the battery, tried to get into settings AGAIN...STILL nothing. Finally I ended up pulling down from the top, clicked on wifi, which opened, and was able to hit back and get into the settings menu. I had this issue for two days. As of today, it hasn't been an issue.

Issue #3: Up until this week, I haven't had a single random reboot. This week alone, I've seen at least three. This is a well documented issue, not looking to go too indepth with this one, just stating that it has also become an issue.

Issue #4: This one hit me about 30 min ago and was the last straw so to speak. I was leaving the store, and in the distance there is a pretty bad thunderstorm going on. I pulled my phone out to shoot some lighting. Once I got into the car, I played the video to see how it turned out, and the video played fine. I locked my phone, put it in my pocket, and drove home (5 min drive). When I got home, I unloaded the car and went to show my wife the video...and it gives an error saying, "The file contains an unsupported media format". I JUST shot the video on the phone! And watched it once without issue!!!

So there you have it, there are the issues I have...which have literally all hit just this week! I'm hoping you guys may have some good suggestions to try. I'm running 10.0.9.422 (verizon customer). I've been thinking about trying a leaked OS but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe this is a good excuse to sit down and get to it. If that's the route I choose to take, whats the best (most stable, and best battery life) 10.1 OS for my phone (STL 100-4)

Also, it's worth nothing that I haven't added any new apps, or anything like that in weeks. My phone hasn't needed any updates or anything either. So I'm pretty confident we can rule that out as a possible cause. The only other thought I've had is we are in the middle of some crazy heat. It's been around 95 degrees here all week. Not sure the heat would have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry this first entry is so long winded!
    -RYknow
    07-19-13 08:54 PM
    Issues 1 and 4 could be due to a flaky media card. Is it a good quality class 10 card?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:58 PM
    It's a PNY 32gb. I don't think it is a class 10. Class 10 is what is suggested for DSLR cameras, correct?

-RYknow
    07-19-13 09:41 PM
    1. I sometimes have to add .jpg to the end of a named photo to get it to show.

2 + 3. Time to install a leaked os! The latest one kicks arse.

4. Bad SD card? Might be solved with the answer to 2+3.

Good luck, install the leak and post back!
    07-19-13 09:42 PM
    Are you talking about 10.1.0.4651? That's the one I just downloaded. I'm in the process of trying to get my z10 all backed up.

-RYknow
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-19-13 09:57 PM
    Leaked OS 2354. Be sure to do a security wipe when install is done.

If you have dropped calls after the above install. Try radio file. 1881. Runs just like the OS autoloader but is painless. No loss of data or settings. Just run it and reboot. Done. (turn the radios off prior to loading)

Try a class 10 SD card. You'll like it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-19-13 09:59 PM
    I'm going to download the 2354 now then. I'm also checking around for a class 10 card as I type.

Thanks for the input guys! =]

-RYknow
    07-19-13 10:09 PM
    Are you talking about 10.1.0.4651? That's the one I just downloaded. I'm in the process of trying to get my z10 all backed up.

-RYknow
    This is the os I was talking about. It's solid! And definitely get a quality Class 10 card. Good luck!

Remember : Backup, wipe, load, wipe, restore, reboot.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    -RYknow likes this.
    07-19-13 10:30 PM
    Where to start... Well I'm on Verizon also. I have been installing every other leak for the STL-100-4. That's our model. I'm currently on a very stable 10.1.0.4651. Battery life is great as long as you are not in a poor reception area, otherwise the phone searches for a signal a lot and uses more battery. I started out on March 30 2013 with 2 black Z10's that went reboot crazy. One more than the other. Exchanged both of them 1 hour later. Neither the new white one or the new black one has rebooted on its own. Ever. The white one has 10.1.0.273 running on it and she's (my room mate) happy with it. The installs were easy with 7zip and went smooth. Install and make sure you take the extra 20 minutes to do a security wipe right after the leak install as this cleans up any left behind fragmented files. Have fun. If you run into any snags feel free to PM me. I'm retired and have way too much time on my hands...
    -RYknow likes this.
    07-19-13 10:32 PM
    Well, due to another violent thunderstorm last night, I didn't want to risk losing power in the middle of the process. I have some things to do today, but I think it's going to be a quiet night. Once we get home, get the kids to bed, some "beverages" have been consumed , I'm going to tackle this thing!

Really looking forward to it. Not long after my last post here lastnight, my z10 rebooted randomly... The just confirmed to me that it's time. Also, based on multiple suggestions here, I ordered a 32gb class 10 card for my phone! Should be here next week!

Thanks everyone for your input! I love this community! Quick, helpful responses! A+'s to you all! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on the leak install progress! Speaking of that...I believe I read somewhere, once the leak is installed I should give it a few days to "settle in" before making any judgments. Is that true? Sounds legit, just wanted to confirm!

Thanks again!
    -RYknow
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-20-13 06:47 AM
    Yes it will take a couple days for things to calm down mainly because everything is re-syncing.
    07-20-13 07:03 AM
    Sounds good, Try to stay away from SanDisc cards as they are known to cause issues. I use Patriot only...
    Well, due to another violent thunderstorm last night, I didn't want to risk losing power in the middle of the process. I have some things to do today, but I think it's going to be a quiet night. Once we get home, get the kids to bed, some "beverages" have been consumed , I'm going to tackle this thing!

Really looking forward to it. Not long after my last post here lastnight, my z10 rebooted randomly... The just confirmed to me that it's time. Also, based on multiple suggestions here, I ordered a 32gb class 10 card for my phone! Should be here next week!

Thanks everyone for your input! I love this community! Quick, helpful responses! A+'s to you all! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on the leak install progress! Speaking of that...I believe I read somewhere, once the leak is installed I should give it a few days to "settle in" before making any judgments. Is that true? Sounds legit, just wanted to confirm!

Thanks again!
    -RYknow
    07-20-13 05:47 PM