I've just noticed that a whole bunch of multiple duplicate contacts have appeared in my Z10 address book and they appear to be increasing in numbers like rabbits.

Some of the entries are full & complete copies whilst others are just the contacts name with no other details.

Having looked through the contacts that have duplicated I can't find a consistent common element ie some have Facebook, some have BBM, some have LinkedIn, some are Gmail, some are Hotmail, some are combinations of the above whilst some only exist in one place yet keep duplicating.

I've tried deleting the problem items but they keep returning after a few days. Likewise, linking doesn't help.

Have searched the forum and seen some success has been achieved by turning off 'syncing' from the various apps, sim and email accounts but this 'fix' doesn't appear to be working for me.

My address book is now showing 462 contacts, the correct number is probably nearer to 200.

Help, anyone!

Thanks, Dave.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:03 PM
    Problem arises because of BlackBerry Link, when I sync my z10 with BlackBerry link on multiple pc or laptop. This happens with me.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:11 PM
    Are you sure they are not Skype contacts?

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    11-27-13 01:08 PM
    Altaf.s, I do sync to a single Windows 8 laptop with latest BbLink software but this strikes me as a new problem. Will avoid syncing for a while. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:17 PM
    Menshawy, Skype was the one I forgot to mention in my list but in any case it is not common across the duplicates eg my mum is in my address book and doesn't have a computer let alone Skype. I've disabled contact sync within the Skype app and will see if that helps. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:20 PM
    When Skype does this contacts cancer I'd call, you can't stop it even if you disable contacts sync from Skype's settings. Your best hit is to remove Skype and manually remove duplicated contacts

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    11-27-13 03:03 PM
    In my case, I deleted all the multiple contacts, and the next time I opened skype (like 2 weeks afterwards), the multiples came back. It appears to be a Skype compatibility problem. Does anybody have a fix for this? Thanks.
    01-28-14 06:24 AM