I know this is a standard feature in Android, but how can we send a request to BlackBerry to allow multi account support for Gtalk?

My company have moved over to Google apps for business, so I now use Gmail accounts for both official and personal use.

What I find limiting however, is that Gtalk allows just one account to be signed in at any given point in time.

Does anyone have any suggestions to work around this?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:56 PM
    Seriously ? No one?

Ok.... its beginning to dawn on me... I'm addicted to Crackberry....

Guess I'll log off and come back in a couple of hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 02:55 PM
    I know this is a standard feature in Android, but how can we send a request to BlackBerry to allow multi account support for Gtalk?

My company have moved over to Google apps for business, so I now use Gmail accounts for both official and personal use.

What I find limiting however, is that Gtalk allows just one account to be signed in at any given point in time.

Does anyone have any suggestions to work around this?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately the native Gtalk app for Blackberry (Even pre-BB10) never had support for this. You can log out and into other accounts, but one at a time. One workaround I have found is to use a 3rd party app. IM+ actually works nice for this and allows you to have multiple accounts and multiple msg networks. There is a few others that are not bad too (I have tried alot of them!) but have stuck with IM+ cause I paid for it. (I know, silly reason to stay with an app, but it is one of the better multi-im apps I have found and was worth the money for me.)

You could send a Tweet out to @BlackberryDev with a request for Multi-Account support in Gtalk, might tweak the interest of an internal dev.
    03-20-13 03:08 PM
    Unfortunately the native Gtalk app for Blackberry (Even pre-BB10) never had support for this. You can log out and into other accounts, but one at a time. One workaround I have found is to use a 3rd party app. IM+ actually works nice for this and allows you to have multiple accounts and multiple msg networks. There is a few others that are not bad too (I have tried alot of them!) but have stuck with IM+ cause I paid for it. (I know, silly reason to stay with an app, but it is one of the better multi-im apps I have found and was worth the money for me.)

You could send a Tweet out to @BlackberryDev with a request for Multi-Account support in Gtalk, might tweak the interest of an internal dev.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've sent a tweet to them, Lets see if they come back with something.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 05:48 PM