Hi. Any advice on editing text in and SMS/EM/BBM or the like on the Z10?

What I mean is if I'm writing something, and look back and realise a word is mis-spelt, by maybe only one letter (in fairness, the new keyboard is so intuative, it's quite rare), the only way I can see of editing it, without actually deleting all the way back to the error, it to tap on the word, where a circle appears. If it doesn't go into excatly the right place to delete and replace with the correct letter, you can move the circle, but generally this is very fiddly and can be quite inaccurate, particulary if i'm out and about.

On another, slightly less important note, I think the copy/paste option of dragging the blue circles over the text is also quite awkward and time-consuming - is this the only way for this too?

I hope I'm missing an easier ways for both, but any replies appreciated, even if it's just 'tough'!

Cheers.
    02-23-13 03:42 AM
    Boing

Posted via CB10
    momark likes this.
    02-23-13 06:32 AM
    Double boing.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:35 PM
    I don't have a legitimate answer but, like you I have to the same issue. Currently I'm just trying to get used to the circle magnifying glass even though I agree it is finicky. I have learned though that when the circle does appear, you can move it up and above the word to see the cursor position.
    02-23-13 12:47 PM
    I have the same complaint. I find it to be less fiddly if you aim for the outside of the ring rather than the centre, but still definitely something that they need to fix.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:53 PM
    I have the same complaint as well. The circle really does nothing. Its supposed to be like a maginfing glass like on the iPhone, but it doesn't magnify anything so its hard to select text. And your right, its almost impossible to tap the right spot and the circle does nothing for you. This should work exactly like the iPhone and it would be almost perfect.
    02-23-13 01:03 PM
    Ok this makes it easy. When you have the circle up you can tap the right side of it to move one space to the right and so on with any direction.

Posted via CB10
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    02-23-13 01:05 PM
    Place your finger slightly to the right of the center of the circle and simply move the cursor. Works for me. For what it's worth, it took me a minute too.

Posted via CB10
    Chizomnobi likes this.
    02-23-13 01:05 PM
    I've found that cursor position selector irritating. I don't have the smallest fingers and it is often quite difficult to see where the cursor actually is when its selected. I can move the circle around but I can't see where the actual cursor is.
    02-23-13 01:08 PM
    If you try to drag the circle around, then it's a pain in the *** to get into place.

Tap the edges of the circle in the direction you want it to move and it moves one character or line at a time and is very precise.

You'll be relieved why you try it for the first time.

S

Posted via CB10, using Z10, running BB10
    DannySmurf and paso971 like this.
    02-23-13 01:09 PM
    If you try to drag the circle around, then it's a pain in the *** to get into place.

Tap the edges of the circle in the direction you want it to move and it moves one character or line at a time and is very precise.

You'll be relieved why you try it for the first time.

S

Posted via CB10, using Z10, running BB10
    Oh that is excellent. I didn't know it would do that. Thanks for that tip!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:12 PM
    WOW! Amazing solutions. Thanks guys.

Tapping to the right or left in the little circle is great.

Copy/Paste took a little getting used to, but it can be quite slick. Once you select your text in blue, just tap it to bring up the Cut, Copy, etc. options - there is no need to long-press.
    Chizomnobi likes this.
    02-23-13 01:14 PM
    They should come up with a patch about it as well. It does becomes very annoying at times when you try to correct some mistakes and thats when i miss my 9900 the most. However, i think the q10 will have the same problem since it also doesnt carries a track pad.
    02-23-13 01:15 PM
    Touch the very bottom of the circle to drag it around like how u tap the left or right rim of the circle to move a single space. Don't try to drag it from the middle.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-23-13 01:53 PM
    Cheers for all the replies people. The tapping each side makes it a whole lot easier. Tapping the bottom or top also loves you up or down lines. Maybe my major overall complaint about the Z10 Is that the BlackBerry website doesn't seem to cover many of the intricacies such as this.

Still lovin' the Z10!!!

Posted via CB10
    mscooley likes this.
    02-23-13 02:37 PM
    Yeah I had to basically be annoyed for a while until I experimented and figured out how exactly the circle and copy and paste and text select worked as I was used to how it worked on iPhone and it's slightly different on the BlackBerry
    02-24-13 04:38 AM
    I think I'm really getting the hang of this cursor loupe thing...it just takes a bit of finessing and then just seems to come naturally once you get how to use the loupe. I'm scratching this off my "Redundant nit-picky things that I don't like about the Z10" list. Less than a handful left to go.

As an aside:
    See how easy that was, anal retentive people? I didn't ***** and moan about it...I got with the program. I learned how to use my new to everyone phone by reading some helpful hints and learned how to use a device that is completely different. I didn't whine about how this was a deal breaker and BB was out to get me and their new phone sucks balls and their operating system killed my dog. I sucked it up and used me noggin!
    Try to make this your goal:
    1. No whining about things you don't understand...yet
    2. Find other ways to work around your problems until they are rectified
    3. Make a conscious effort to refrain from melting down in public forums about your beef
    4. Keep up with your scheduled meds

You've probably paid a considerable amount of money for your new techno-toy and it is, as I said, new to everyone...don't blow a gasket and flip out the moment you have an issue with your new BB. It's not going to be anything like your last BB. Most people understand this when entering into this new BB10 world. Resistance is futile.
    bmercer94 likes this.
    02-24-13 05:03 AM
    Christ. Did you just write your essay at the bottom, or is that permanent...?

Posted via CB10
    HedoBum likes this.
    02-24-13 05:41 AM
    have you try with word containing URL ? try edit on your mail signature example: http://gogle.com you must try how desperate edit that one to become http://google.com it always open browser! not sure how long I can take this any longer
    Last edited by akbardotinfo; 03-24-13 at 06:08 PM. Reason: mistake
    03-24-13 06:06 PM
    Don't have my z10 yet and this is a bit awkward, but have you tried going to setting>magnification and turning that on? Pinch/Zoom magnification seems to work everywhere - which is great. Not sure if it works well while editing but it might. Please let us know because I'm concerned about this also.
    03-27-13 08:44 AM
    Once the magnification circle is there hold and drag don't tap the spot. It's kind of spotty as are the copy and paste which is kind of annoying. Hopefully they iron it out.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-13 08:59 AM
    I at first was frustrated with the "bubble" but today I just figured exactly that. You don't have to be exactly in the right place when you first tap onto the word. The bubble appears with the cursor being its center. If you want to move to the right, tap to the right of the cursor but within the bubble. The cursor will move right one character each tap you make. Apply the same principle for all four directions.
    03-28-13 03:12 PM
    Once the magnification circle is there hold and drag don't tap the spot. It's kind of spotty as are the copy and paste which is kind of annoying. Hopefully they iron it out.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Drag it where? What are we trying to achieve with it? Whats it for? Why does it exist?

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    06-08-15 12:39 AM