Hi
    I have doubts to go for the z10 for the reasons i explain .
    I have bis plan of 300mb and for me is more then enough, moving for the z10 i will have to upgrade my carrier plan ang go for 1gb plan....i always had a bis plan and im not sure if 1gb will be enough...
    Also im an heavy user and daily i have to recharge my 9900 at least at the middle of my day...is the z10 battery better then the 9900?

Is the virtual keyboard of the z10 good as everyone is saying?
    Im a physical keyboard guy....

Thanks
    03-24-13 07:49 AM
    Hi
    I have doubts to go for the z10

The virtual keyboard is good, I can vouch for that, however, you seem to much prefer having a physical keyboard (like me), so I would honestly wait for the Q10 to come out. It's coming to the UK next month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 08:02 AM
    The virtual keyboard is better than the 9900 IMO. Its ridiculous how good it is.

You still can't save a group of users to mass text but that is a different question. You are a heavy user so I wanted to through it out there just in case.

Battery isn't as good but there is a charger/battery combo that will charge the phone and a spare battery at the same time. Checkout the CB store - OR alternatively buy a rapid charger that charges twice as fast
    03-24-13 08:03 AM
    I used to think a slider is a must for me because I need the physical keyboard and large screen... not anymore.
    03-24-13 08:06 AM
    Actually I find the battery life a little better than it was on the 9900. The keyboard is personal preference but I never thought I'd get used to a touchscreen phone and now there's no way I'd want to go back. Text selection is a little more fiddly than the 9900 but the Q10. Will be no better as it won't have a track pad.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:09 AM
    As a long term qwerty BlackBerry user. I changed and actually can key faster than I could on the 9900 . I would recommend that you try in store or on a friends. Battery life was never great for me on the 9900, I bought a larger capacity battery.
    The z10 has been fine since the recent upgrade. A couple of issues at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's apps I loaded rather than the phone. Main win for me versus the 9900 the browser and bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:32 AM
    I'd love to know everyones BIS data usage v their z10 data usage as well. I am getting my z10 in 2 days and I am really struggling to work out how much data I need. My bis usage on my 9900 is about 300mb (I got wifi at home for app updates etc)
    03-24-13 08:37 AM
    Thank you all.
    I tried the Z10 keyboard and i like it a lot...but i never adapted to storm and torch virtual keyboard ( i had those BB).
    03-24-13 08:38 AM
    The Z10 will learn how you type so it might be a little weird at first but once the phone gets used to you you should be good to go...lol
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-24-13 08:45 AM
    I was a physical keyboard guy almost since BlackBerry was created. I thought I could never change and now? I won't go back. The Z10 keyboard is the one for me. Spend a week with it and you'll see.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-24-13 08:46 AM
    To be honest I was very nervous to make the switch. I was really concerned about my ability to type on the virtual keyboard because my hands and fingers are huge. My only hiccup was when I tried the Otter Box case, that was a no no because with my large thumb it made swiping from the bottom a tedious task. My typing speed overall is much improved over when I had the 9900 and now that I have been using for six weeks, most of the time I just have to flick the words in place because the phone is now in tuned with my patterns. I type in both English and Spanish too and even the multi-language is a breeze because the phone can now predict in both languages
    03-24-13 09:19 AM
    Hi
    I have bis plan of 300mb and for me is more then enough, moving for the z10 i will have to upgrade my carrier plan ang go for 1gb plan....i always had a bis plan and im not sure if 1gb will be enough...
    Also im an heavy user and daily i have to recharge my 9900 at least at the middle of my day...is the z10 battery better then the 9900?

Thanks
    Had a 9900 too, and so I can share with you what I have experienced.

My BIS was with unlimited data and you can imagine how much money I had wasted for years when I looked closely of how much data I have actually been using. Of course with unlimited data, I didn't have to conserve and didn't bother about using WIFI. But given that WIFI is readily available these days, I make it a point to download apps or do the data heavy duty stuff only when I am in WIFI zone. With this diligence, I have not even crossed 1 GB in 3 weeks. I am on a 3 GB data plan just in case, anyway.

I also consider myself a heavy user of my 9900. I am an even heavier user with my Z10 because it is so much more enjoyable, surfing the web with it (this was so painful on 9900) on top of the emails, whatsapp, BBM, scheduling on calendar etc. I need at least 2 recharges within 12 hours. Hence, I bought a car battery charger for the top up when I am driving (not supposed to use the phone anyway!) Will only get my extra BB battery pack in May'2013.
    godsgift123 and hamzasalam like this.
    03-24-13 09:30 AM
    Hi
    [...]

I can help you with this.

I, too, have a 9900, and it distressed me as to why I couldn't get at least a day's use out of the battery (my 9700 was good for at least 2 days without a charge). And I found on BlackBerry World the utility Application Resource Monitor (no doubt due to someone else posting its availability, here in CrackBerry), which only works with OS7 devices (there's also a beta you could get on the beta test site, but its use comes with some restrictions). This utility, when allowed to run, will identify applications that are just too thirsty for their own good....in my case, the utility Remote Print, which I never use, was sucking down half of my battery consumption (6%/hr, as opposed to 2-3%...this from the BlackBerry Device Analyzer). Removing that one utility results in only 32% consumption (68% remaining) after 12 hours today, and generally no more than 50% used by the end of a long day. The monitor, however, will also identify other thirsty applications, like TuneIn, or your media player, and as one of the restrictions for the beta is to NOT refuse to let the utility shut down the perceived offender, you may want to use the released version.

As for the keyboard....my wife, as I've posted, has a Z10 now....I still don't have a lot of experience with it myself. And, after a couple of days, she's still not loving it....we are keyboard people from way back...but she remarked this evening that the Z10 predicted almost every word she was typing, and can see that once she's proficient, it may save all sorts of time and effort. It may help, too, that she had a Torch that for some things its virtual keyboard sufficed, but the Z10 keyboard is worlds beyond what the Torch or any other virtual keyboard can do.

Lastly, as for battery consumption...she had a light day today, so this is likely not representative, but after 15 hours the Z10 still has 70% of capacity.
    Last edited by CBCListener; 03-24-13 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added comments about battery, corrected sense of battery stat.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    03-24-13 08:12 PM