The Z10 has voice control, which I knew, however while pairing my Z10 to my BMW Navigator on my K1200GT I noticed a number appear in the sat navs phone book for a "fake" number listed as Blackberry Voice Control. Dialing it allows the VC function to be accessed.

The sat nav has a quick access "Call Home" button, now as I live alone calling home's a bit pointless as there's no one to answer the call

So I made the "Call Home" number the Blackberry Voice Control. Now pressing" Call Home" allows me to ask the phone to perform various tasks. For example while riding I can say to the phone

"send text to contact names mobile I'm running late should be with you in 20 minutes"

and off it goes and does it, no fuss how cool is that, it also works for emails or to call a number or a person from the phone book rather than try and scroll through the phone book manually oh and to search the web but that's probably useless on the bike What would be awesome for a further update would be if the Maps app could be voice controlled. Being able to tell the phone to navigate you wou'ld be great!

All this while riding a motorcycle
    vjvj and Camelhmpz like this.
    02-24-13 12:31 PM
    Where do you put your z10 on the bike? in pockets or do you have a tank bag?
    02-24-13 02:54 PM
    Would you happen to know that number??
    02-24-13 03:03 PM
    Just in my pocket ,or if on a long tour it's connected to my charger inside my tank bag

The number comes up as 9995551234 but only seems available when attached to a " car" kit profile

Oh and I forgot, last tour my phone, then a Nokia N8, did sterling service as an MP3 player in a bag I got from Hein Gericke. So I guess the Z10 could do the same

Motorcycle integration :)-309131_3890221171860_1835450247_n.jpg
    Last edited by slparry; 02-26-13 at 04:48 PM.
    02-25-13 02:14 AM
    Crackberry does have a handlebar mount with mini covered bag for the phone.
    I tried that number in my Ford and it went to my carrier supplied voice mail. Is there more info on this somewhere?
    02-25-13 08:11 AM
    As an update, I have a Parrot 3200LS kit fitted in my car, E46 BMW 330Ci, I just tried the Z10 in it, paired up no problem, went to find the Blackberry Voice number as detailed before. However I found I didn't need it. The Parrot 3200LS has it's own voice recognition but it seems that it recognises the phones voice service and pressing the green button on the 3200LS directs the voice commands to the Z10's bitchin' Betty and off she goes and does her email and sms text stuff as well as calling numbers that are asked of her!

Again I repeat (Blackberry are you listening) it'd be awesome to be able to say "Maps navigate to <address>" while driving

One slight fly in the ointment for that tho' is I live in Wales and the voice control seems to get awfully confused when telling it to do a web search for some Welsh place name

I'm not even going to attempt to ask the poor thing to find Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyndrobyllllantysiliog ogogoch
    ... and yes it is a place name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfai...ysiliogogogoch
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-26-13 04:34 PM