Coming from a long line of different OS's and still owning all the major ones, I still much prefer the Z10....every time I pick up my Android I miss the awesome keyboard of the Z10 despite the Android having Swype, its not the same. The Windows Phone is the same way, its got swype and it seems to be better than the Android IMO, but its still not the same. When I pick up the iPhone....well, that is VERY rare as i've not touched my iPhone in almost a year! The Hub is always a missed feature when I use any of the other phones. Really, once you get used to the Hub, you will miss it on EVERY other phone you try to use. There is no reason to have to open the FaceBook or Twitter app every time a notification comes in like on the other mobile OS's....If someone comments, you get the notification and view it from the hub, you can like it and/or reply to the comment or just go right back....all without even opening the actual app! I RARELY open FaecBook app on my Z10....its almost like its not needed! I can QUICKLY check status updates of friends, messages and likes all within the Hub. Try doing that on other platforms....you see they said something and you have to open the app and wait on it to refresh.....it is only a few seconds, but you get used to having these things with the Hub, you just can't go back to the other phones. The keyboard on the Z10 is perfect IMO.....it picks up on things you type and it doesn't CENSOR them!! If you have a potty mouth and type in the "F-word" on a regular basis, it will not try to replace it with "Duck" or "Ducking".....if you type in the "S-word" it doesn't replace it with "Shirt"....its really nice to have your phone work WITH you on getting things done rather than you spending so much time WAITING.......If more people would give the BB10 platform a fair chance rather than just saying "Why hasn't Blackberry died yet?" like an iSheep or Fandroid, then maybe they'll realize exactly WHY Blackberry isn't dead....
    melb_me likes this.
    05-31-14 04:12 PM
    Been using a Sony Z2 for about 2-3 weeks typing is **** Amoled screen would be even more colourful but I like this Sony. Waterproof quality feel superb phone. Not an "also rn" android. But I still prefer my Z30 with the smooth OS and the fantastic hub. Switching between the two every 3-4 days.

Z2 via CrackBerry App
    05-31-14 04:39 PM
    This thread is cursed, after ranting about my unhappiness with it now my moto g won't even turn on its been charging for about an hour and nothing... clearly I'm destined to be with bb10 forever!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:58 AM
    That LED tells nothing. Who would want to constantly turn on the screen manually to check the time and importance of those notifications. Have a look at what the competitors are doing. If you choose to ignore that, you simply stay behind curve.

Posted via CB10
    I see your point. That's why I use hub++ so I have different colours for different people and accounts. I don't need the screen to turn on, I don't even need have my phone in my hands. It just needs to be within my sight and I know if it's important or not and what account it's coming from.

To each their own though.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:08 PM
    I had also considered getting the Moto G. After reading this thread , am glad I didn't. ( Got the Z10 instead )
    nightridah likes this.
    06-01-14 12:42 PM
    This thread is cursed, after ranting about my unhappiness with it now my moto g won't even turn on its been charging for about an hour and nothing... clearly I'm destined to be with bb10 forever!

Posted via CB10
    Oh damn, sorry about that! My MOTO G has a purple tint you a now non working screen. Safe to say it's going back tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:06 PM
    I have the Moto X and their active display is quite interesting as it pulses with the time and also indicates any new notification. You can also "peek" at the notification. The ability to open the camera buy twisting the phone is really nice.

Also, the phone sleeps when you it it in your pocket or face down on a table, and will wake up to the lock screen when u pull it out of your pocket - really great feature and i understand 10.3 will be bringing that so that's something I'm looking forward to.

However, it is a total joke compared to the lock screen notification and preview function on bb10. Here it is in action:

The notable thing is that android users rant and rave about how amazing this lock screen preview feature is "it's so useful to be able to preview your notification and unlock straight into the message". If they only knew what bb10 was capable of.

Now - here are some things that bb10 is very weak on.

Voice control and Google now, including navigation, and translation services on android are years ahead of BlackBerry. The youtube app is much better than any of the ones for bb10. Their news reader app is better, and widgets are cool though not completely necessary.

Overall - it seems like all phones excel at certain areas but lack in others. I will conclude however, that for messaging, communication, and getting things done as a professional, especially with the Z30's features and their Qwerty line, BlackBerry is the BEST mobile solution there is.

But like i said, i wished their voice control, navigation, and translation services were on the level of google's.

Posted via CB10
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-01-14 03:59 PM
32 12