I tried that, they told me that it was a glitch and that I should never had it. She even made it sound like I was lying about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:36 PM
    I tried that, they told me that it was a glitch and that I should never had it. She even made it sound like I was lying about it.

Posted via CB10
    I just got off the phone with Rogers. They are still looking into it. Apparently they can't seem to activate the hotspot usage feature on my account for some weird reason. SMH. Will update as it goes.
    03-12-13 02:52 PM
    Oh one more thing to add. BlackBerry bridge works and I guess I'll just go through that route for now. Too bad as I was enjoying the tethering while I have unlimited data for the six months.

Posted via CB10
    parvezjj likes this.
    03-12-13 03:02 PM
    Oh one more thing to add. BlackBerry bridge works and I guess I'll just go through that route for now. Too bad as I was enjoying the tethering while I have unlimited data for the six months.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY my situation! Honestly though, if it is so easy to give out unlimited data to customers for 6 months on end by adding a code, how hard is it really to enable hotspot from the back end. SMH
    03-12-13 03:12 PM
    I am on rogers and like I stated already hot spot works, tethering works np's.

I have a 5gb shared plan with z10/playbook.

I have an android plan as I had galaxy a3 before z10.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    parvezjj likes this.
    03-12-13 03:38 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the exception that the provider blocked it from working.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:05 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the exception that the provider blocked it from working.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure that's exactly what is happening but they still 'swear' they see nothing wrong on their end lol.
    I'm just gonna patiently wait for them to do what they have to. I have unlimited data for a few months and I just sideloaded Netflix. Winning.
    03-13-13 09:12 AM
    Hi guys ..... well, it took a while ...first call to Rogers tech support ...then bounced to customer care ....then back to tech support .....then back to customer care. That being said they finally got tethering working for me. Patience (and keeping my temper) paid off. The last tech mumbled something about "IP VPN not enabled" or something like that, and sent me back to Customer care. They reinitialized my plan ...basically took away everything I had and gave it all back to me, and miraculously tethering and hotspot both started working. Seems that if you went from an older model BB to the Z10, the feature set doesn't port, and it has to be provisioned over again.
    03-16-13 11:22 AM
    The last tech mumbled something about "IP VPN not enabled"
    That's almost it. I had the same issue so I went to a Rogers store and stayed with the guy until it was fixed. Apparently the trouble was with the Rogers database, where the ISP APN went missing on my account. After a lot of back and forth with tech support and customer care one of the techs said, "Oh, I know what the problem is!". And that was that.

It had nothing to do with my phone! Since my OS updates come from Rogers, I suspect they screwed it up somehow, wiping out some peoples' APNs. Initially the guy just wanted to give me a new phone, but I knew there was nothing wrong with it, so I insisted we try tech support. If you go in to the Rogers store (and I suggest that as a good plan), just tell them what the issue is and it'll get fixed pretty quickly.
    03-16-13 08:17 PM
    Hi guys,

I work for Rogers and that fix by tech only seems to be a workaround as I currently have the z10 and i'm having the same issue but when I put the same sim into a few Android phones, the hotspots work perfectly, so it can't be the network blocking tethering. Hope they fix it soon

Martin
    04-02-13 10:35 PM
    Hello there

I'm a UK user, and I've been using my hotpsot feature just fine for remote working for several years... until now. The 10.3.2 update has just been updated in the last few days, and this is the first time I've tried to open a hotspot session since the update. Clearly, it's connected.

It's not a "fault" as such - I'm actually getting a handset message, which reads "Due to legislative changes in your country, hotspot is not available" (or words to that exact effect - I can't check as I'm using it via bluetooth tethering at the moment!). Therefore, it would appear that the 10.3.2 update has specifically shut this feature down - or at least that's how it appears.

Everyone else getting the same issue/feature shutdown on their Z10?
    09-15-15 12:58 PM
    I'm on 3UK and have never had problems with hotspot, I'm guessing a few cell providers are just making it difficult (to the point of being obnoxious) for BlackBerry devices to work. Recently 3UK upped their All-in-one PAYG by 33%, I guess to finance the server space required for "All you can eat" data plans.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:45 AM
37 12