Hey guys!

I just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having this issue. I was only getting/able to send mms picture messages sporadically since I got my phone. Sometimes it would work, other times it would say that I had a picture waiting and would ask me to download it to no avail.

Anyways I phoned my carrier, Virgin Mobile, who put me through to Blackberry. They said that this was a known issue caused by a glitch with the Link software provided with the phone. Apparently when you transfer your data from an old phone (I had a Bold 9900) it corrupts a file that's used for text messaging. I'll supply the email I received from the service technician below for all to reference.

Hopes this helps some people! I almost returned my phone but was very happy with the service I received from Virgin/Blackberry.

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Here is a link to a relevant article in our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center:

Article Title: BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device

Article Number: KB33653

Link: KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device

In the case that you do not have the previous BlackBerry Smartphone you will need to backup your BlackBerry 10 Smartphone with BlackBerry Lync and then do a Security Wipe on the device to delete all data. Once you are done you can do a customize restore of the files from the backup file but without selecting restore the MMS messages or SMS messages. After these actions the issue will be resolved.

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Daniel
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    02-23-13 10:16 PM
    Oh wow thanks, I have the same problem too but when I turned my data on i received them so if I do this will it work without using data?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:35 PM
    No prob! Mine wasn't working even with the data turned on. Since following their directions I have not had any issues!
    02-24-13 09:44 PM