I am the owner of a Z10 STL100-4 (unlocked) which was purchased new (have receipt) in January 2015. It has been working fine since then. I have been using it in USA and in Canada without incident. I have been using Verizon Wireless and Fido SIM cards in the device without incident, until last Friday.

Right now, the device is blocked from the network and showing "Device Not Allowed. MM#6", and, "Searching for Network", alternating at 5 second intervals. This will occur with any SIM card installed. I have verified that all of the test SIM cards work in other similar phones, therefore, there is no issue with the SIM cards. Also, the allocated device SIM card is not device locked and has been working with other deices. I conclude that the device is blocked (Device PIN blocked), probably at the network level and am seeking a solution for having it unblocked. Following here are some more details.

Details:
    On Friday, the device was mistakenly placed on the lost/stolen list.

On Monday morning, the device stopped showing the network connection icon and was replaced with red X and below it, the following messages alternate in 5 second intervals:

"Device Not Allowed. MM#6", "Searching for Network"

Sometimes, the Blackberry Icon will show up beside the red X.

Soon after I discovered this condition, I called (from another phone) my number that associated with the device and heard "This number was disconnected or no longer available". Then I called Verizon Wireless (from another phone) and was taken through an automated system which asked me "If (I'd) like to activate a device?" which which I replied yes without much thought to it. The automated system confirmed the device was now active, however, was not sure what this meant so called through to a CSR.

She explained that the device was listed as Lost/Stollen and that she would restore the device. Was told to power down the device and perform a hard restart and the device would begin to work normally.

It did not.

Since then I have discussed on the Verizon Wireless side with CSR, Tech Support (L1, L2), and Global. Have also had text message exchange with VZW NRB. All parties had confirmed that the device was no longer listed as blocked or otherwise under security scrutiny and that it should be working.

On the Blackberry side, I have had discussions and email exchange with Technical support. In every instance Blackberry has confirmed that "The carrier (VZ) has the device PIN blocked...", that I would need to carrier's co-operation with have the device PIN unblocked.

On the VZW side, NRB was to most helpful, but mentioned that he/she did not have access to the PIN blocking/unblocking, that I would need to speak with Global Support because they have access to that area. I contacted Global Support, however, issue continues to be unresolved because Global Support confirmed they are unaware of any other tool to view or manipulate specifically for the device PIN. They conclude that there is an issue with Blackberry blocking the device PIN.

I am stuck without a solution, but, am optimistic that some of you may know and will share with us how to deal with this kind of problem.
    Last edited by dtlauer; 12-01-15 at 12:56 PM.
    12-01-15 12:33 PM
    how was it listed as lost or stolen ? only the owner can call the service provider to declare the phone missing to have the imei blocked
    12-01-15 01:40 PM
    I called in another SIM to be put one suspend. Instead, they mistakenly marked the referenced device and associated SIM as "Lost/Stolen".
    Last edited by dtlauer; 12-03-15 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
    12-03-15 01:41 PM
    Solved. This is how it was done:

After the carrier confirmed the PIN was unblocked, the device was still showing MM#6 even after rebooting, so, 1) the device was put through a security wipe. Then, 2) the SIM was put back in and the device was taken through initial devices start up, via WiFi activation. 3) Boom! Back in action.

Special thanks to Joo Heredia at VZW Global Support that stayed with the ticket until the fix was completed. Also to Albert at Blackberry that also stayed with the issue and assisted in resolution.
    12-03-15 01:46 PM