I've just realised that my notification has gone too. So, restore factory settings / security wipe are the only solution?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 04:40 PM
    Seems to be that way at the moment

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 05:07 PM
    Just be aware that in doing the backup and restore that while it fixes the notification tab, you lose the links in your restored contacts. Not a big guy but a little annoying.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:40 PM
    I had the same issue but it has been fixed without needing to perform security wipe.

What I did was just restore my back up data where I confident I still have my notification icon on when I back up my data. In my case, I had made 3back ups since I get this device. So I restore my first back up. Voila, the notification icon back in the hub note that I do need to reinstall a few apps because the apps that you install after the day of your back up date will be gone too, but not too worries as they are in your BlackBerry world lining up waiting to be reinstall back to your Z10. Also move the pictures and videos etc. To your media card before performing any data restore if not they will be gone too.

Hope this helps some out there. Credit goes to Mr. Jeff Hiuser who advice me this method. Have a good day ahead ladies & gentlemen.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 02:19 AM
    Well I got a ticket number from Rogers and BlackBerry. In the end the only thing they could offer was a reinstall of the OS through Link after performing a backup and then reloading the backup after reinstalling the OS. It worked, but took me four hours, including re linking my contacts, entering ball of the account passwords, remembering to set up protect again, setting up wireless sync again for Link etc etc. A pain for sure. After reading the previous post about restoring a backup in which the notifications was known to work , I will now diligently backup before installing any OTA OS updates.

I will add that I was having issues with Link before today, but I installed the updated version and it worked flawlessly in performing a back up, OS reload, and a backup restore. I would recommend the Link update as I no
    w have more faith that it won't crash halfway through something critical.
    03-21-13 08:05 PM
    Well I got a ticket number from Rogers and BlackBerry. In the end the only thing they could offer was a reinstall of the OS through Link after performing a backup and then reloading the backup after reinstalling the OS. It worked, but took me four hours, including re linking my contacts, entering ball of the account passwords, remembering to set up protect again, setting up wireless sync again for Link etc etc. A pain for sure. After reading the previous post about restoring a backup in which the notifications was known to work , I will now diligently backup before installing any OTA OS updates. .
    Thanks for the update. I am missing notifications as well but it really isn't worth my while to follow this lengthy process to restore it. Hopefully, BB will provide a fix in the next update.
    03-21-13 10:34 PM
    Yup, same issue here. Started using whats app and notifications tab is gone! This is a major bug - mods can someone make BlackBerry aware of this issue?
    03-28-13 08:53 PM
    just did as instructed and BINGO notification is back !!!!
    04-05-13 02:40 AM
    I'm honestly not too sure if I want the notifications icon back in the hub. Part of me wants it back (Whatsapp notifications) and the other part (annoying useless notifications) doesn't.
    04-05-13 06:41 AM
    Trust me, it's built into the OS. I never downloaded it, never wanted it, but it's on my phone, and every time I delete it, I get another "update" which puts it back onto my phone. It's a carrier pushed app whether you realize it or not. Delete it again, and then wait for the update and see that it's back on your phone.

JB
    Nope. I installed from BlackBerry World. In fact now having un installed it a whole ago I have now removed it from the avaliable apps list in My World.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:52 PM
85 ... 234