I don't know of Parental Controls affects some of these options?????? That is a Security Setting.
    06-02-14 08:15 AM
    I don't know of Parental Controls affects some of these options?????? That is a Security Setting.
    Mine is turned off... I can see the messages.

BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-02-14 12:32 PM
    Hi all,
    I updated to this version last week (rogers, Z-10) and now all of my contacts are mixed up. When I click on one contact, it gives me the contact info for someone else. I cannot find most of my contacts, even though their names are listed. I haven't noticed anything else (good or bad) with this update. Unfortunately my battery life is still quite poor. I had to take 2 batteries with me to the cottage this weekend and continually charged one while using the other - did quite a few switches over 48 hours.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    06-03-14 07:18 AM
    Hi, OP here.

I tried a few things so I thought to give an update on this issue.
    I resolved the battery waste by, indeed, backing up everything except for the apps -> security wipe -> restore the backup. Fixed the heating problem COMPLETELY, battery gets through the day with ease again

The problem with the previews on the homescreen remains though. but what i DID notice! Right after the security wipe and after completing that darn-long tutorial abuot the swiping i did have the previews! lost them again after restoring the backup though , anyhow, i'll wait for 10.3 to come out and then do a decent fix of my Z10.

but to leave on a bright note: was glad to see that blackberry world had still remembered my paid apps, and i could install them again without a problem, hooray!
    06-06-14 05:52 AM
    3) All Z10s have a battery problem. Not your fault. Mostly factory issue. Most of us counter it in different ways. I, personally, just walk around with a charger if I have a long day at work or if i'm not going to be home a lot. I'm used to it so I don't complain about it anymore. Some carry an extra charged battery so they just swap when the preent one dies out. Others also get a charger case which doubles both as a case and a charge battery set. On this note, it would be best to choose whichever you feel comfortable with. The battery problem is, however, a none-issue on the Q10 and the Z30, so those are extra options too.
    The Z10 doesn't have a battery problem (except STL1 which seems to always have the premature shutdown issue) but aside from that, there is none. Saying that there is a problem means it has some sort of defect or something. The Z10 just happens to have a small battery capacity, and it's not a problem on the device's part, but on the user's part. Just to clarify that up.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-06-14 06:07 AM
    The Z10 doesn't have a battery problem (except STL1 which seems to always have the premature shutdown issue) but aside from that, there is none. Saying that there is a problem means it has some sort of defect or something. The Z10 just happens to have a small battery capacity, and it's not a problem on the device's part, but on the user's part. Just to clarify that up.

I think you're wrong.
    First, 1800 is not that small battery.
    Second, competition with smaller batteries can give you much better battery life in both usage and stanby. Speaking from my own experience.
    Third, it's not the user fault but an issue in BlackBerry design: hardware and software. But I tend to think it's more the OS which is not battery efficient at all.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 06:17 AM
    Hi all,
    I updated to this version last week (rogers, Z-10) and now all of my contacts are mixed up. When I click on one contact, it gives me the contact info for someone else. I cannot find most of my contacts, even though their names are listed. I haven't noticed anything else (good or bad) with this update. Unfortunately my battery life is still quite poor. I had to take 2 batteries with me to the cottage this weekend and continually charged one while using the other - did quite a few switches over 48 hours.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    I had issues at my cottage as well. However, I believe mine to be from a tower issue. The data kept dropping and picking up which put a strain on my battery.
    06-06-14 06:20 AM
    I think you're wrong.
    First, 1800 is not that small battery.
    Second, competition with smaller batteries can give you much better battery life in both usage and stanby. Speaking from my own experience.
    Third, it's not the user fault but an issue in BlackBerry design: hardware and software. But I tend to think it's more the OS which is not battery efficient at all.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, your views are wrong. But to each his own. Anyway, I didn't said it was a "user" fault, but a problem because most people complain about the battery runtime of the Z10.

06-06-14 06:24 AM
33 12