- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Missing Email on Z10
Just got the BB Z10 ...coming from iphone.
The interface isn't as intuitive, but it is excellent once you get the flow of things.
I have discovered an oddity with emails.
I have several accounts, most of them pop.
On day 1 (Tuesday) I had 2 emails in the folder for one of my accounts which could be viewed for most of the day.
At some point by the end of the day, both had mysteriously disappeared.
I didn't delete them (I know this because I have it set to confirmation for deletes.)
The same thing happened to me today in another folder for only 1 email.
I would like to verify if, for whatever reason, these emails were deleted (rather than permanently erased)...however, there is no "Trash" folder for either of these accounts (??)
So my questions are:
1. has anyone had any of their emails mysteriously disappear on Z10?
2. Does anyone know why I cannot see a Trash folder for these pop accounts?
...i can see the Trash folder for my imap accounts.
- 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM #2
I have the same issue, with a hotmail account and a gmail account. My emails keep deleting themselves, i'm able to find the hotmail email in the trash can using a computer, the gmail emails, i can't find! I really miss BIS
- 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM #5
I may have just solved this on my device... very stupid problem that isn't really a problem... haha...
In advanced settings of my email account on my Z10, I had the sync timeframe set as 1 day. Changed to 7 days and all emails from the last 7 days appeared again. I originally thought the "sync timeframe" was only for the initial sync when setting up my email account (my Z10 would only pull emails from the last 1 day when I set up my email for the first time), then I thought it kept email on the device for 30 days no matter what. I was wrong!
It's weird because my GMail account doesn't have the "Sync Timeframe" option. Does this mean my GMail account emails won't "disappear" after 30 days like my Outlook.com emails?
- 07-05-2014, 02:28 PM #7
Verify the email account setting on the computer! What happens to pop3/pushed mails... I'd let them on the server, so if delivered to phone, don't remove them from server.
Marked as read is sth, but completely erased is odd!
BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
- 07-05-2014, 02:32 PM #8
- By Auggie11 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2010, 10:10 PM
- By ElDiablo909 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 8Last Post: 07-05-2010, 12:39 PM
- By Auggie11 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2010, 02:59 PM
- By 2470144 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 08-06-2009, 10:27 AM
- By mcenal in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 10Last Post: 06-17-2008, 05:02 PM