I have a Samsung 40" and it has the "Fit to Screen" option as well. I'm gonna try that.
    I tried it, but it's still not filling the whole screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:13 PM
    I bought a cheap Walmart cable....it works, but the video from the Z10 freezes non stop...it's like watching a slide show.
    04-10-13 10:00 PM
    I was watching a documentary with the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) using a microHDMI cable connected between my BlackBerry Z10 and HDTV monitor. The quality of the documentary and output on the monitor was outstanding.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure that the format of the media content is compatible with the capabilities of the monitor? Some media is 4:3 and will never fill the entire screen of an HDTV.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 10:16 PM
    No issues here either.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    hmm, either like what was asked if the media you are watching is widescreen or 4:3 standard could be the issue, OR if its your phone in landscape not touching end to end.

If it's the phone that isn't displaying end to end, I really don't know how to help. I hope you can figure it out.
    04-11-13 05:24 AM
    Monoprice is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:10 AM
    hmm, either like what was asked if the media you are watching is widescreen or 4:3 standard could be the issue, OR if its your phone in landscape not touching end to end.

If it's the phone that isn't displaying end to end, I really don't know how to help. I hope you can figure it out.
    I connected the phone, pulled up the CB app and held the phone sideways. Then I toggled the TV settings from 4:3 to 16:9 to Screen Fit. There was available adjustments in Screen Fir mode to move the picture up and down and left and right. But all modes left black bars on the sides. The PlayBook fills out the whole screen when connected. And that is in 16:9 mode. But the PlayBook also has it's on Fit to Screen mode to make it work. The Z10 doesn't. It did not try video though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:20 AM
    I connected the phone, pulled up the CB app and held the phone sideways. Then I toggled the TV settings from 4:3 to 16:9 to Screen Fit. There was available adjustments in Screen Fir mode to move the picture up and down and left and right. But all modes left black bars on the sides. The PlayBook fills out the whole screen when connected. And that is in 16:9 mode. But the PlayBook also has it's on Fit to Screen mode to make it work. The Z10 doesn't. It did not try video though.

Posted via CB10
    Your tv probably has a zoom option also... My Mitsubishi can go jump off a cliff for all I care... POS
    05-11-13 09:29 PM
    I have very poor HDMI
    connection with z10 have tried 3 leads all good quality all leads work fine in playbook but z10 connector is very intermittent any movement of phone and picture is lost on tv. Z10 has quality control issues.
    06-26-13 06:41 AM
    I got a Motorola OEM one off of Ebay and it works great. This is after I went through 2 cheap knock offs.. The cheap ones work a few times then crap out. They were also loose fitting.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:55 AM
    I purchased a cheap (for media cables anyway) mini HDMI cable at WalChinaMart...I think it was $12(?)---something like that... and it works well on my tv. The plug's fit on the device side isn't the snuggest fit I have ever seen, but it meets my needs well.

Couldn't justifiy a $49 cable just to "try it out". If it breaks, I can buy another one or two before I get to the cost of a "premium" cable....
    06-26-13 09:12 AM
    Just to say.. it's not called a mini hdmi, it's called a MICRO hdmi. BIG DIFFERENCE. Literally.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:54 AM
    Just to say.. it's not called a mini hdmi, it's called a MICRO hdmi. BIG DIFFERENCE. Literally.

Posted via CB10
    I stand corrected sir.....

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:57 AM
    I stand corrected sir.....

Posted via CB10
    It's a common misconception.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:00 AM
    I have used a couple different micro HDMI cables and have had different results with high quality and low quality. I got a cable from Tiger Direct and it wasn't top of the line but when I got home plugged in my phone and cable to tv it started glitching in and out and when I checked the cable it would wiggle a little bit. So I went out to best buy and got a different more high end cable and came home tried that one and same thing, had lots of play and would wiggle inside the port.
    So after being super mad that I just spent money for nothing (I did return it but still) I went to a small computer shop just up the road from my place and talked to the guy about micro hdmi cables and he informed me that some of the manufactures are using cheaper metal and when creating the micro end it is coming out smaller than it should. So he suggested this one cable he carries, I purchased it went home, hooked it up and BOOM no issues what so ever. Video quality is awesome, sound is awesome and there is no play inside the port, nice and snug.

I am now a happy camper

Hope you got yours all figured out
    06-26-13 11:08 AM
    I have used a couple different micro HDMI cables and have had different results with high quality and low quality. I got a cable from Tiger Direct and it wasn't top of the line but when I got home plugged in my phone and cable to tv it started glitching in and out and when I checked the cable it would wiggle a little bit. So I went out to best buy and got a different more high end cable and came home tried that one and same thing, had lots of play and would wiggle inside the port.
    So after being super mad that I just spent money for nothing (I did return it but still) I went to a small computer shop just up the road from my place and talked to the guy about micro hdmi cables and he informed me that some of the manufactures are using cheaper metal and when creating the micro end it is coming out smaller than it should. So he suggested this one cable he carries, I purchased it went home, hooked it up and BOOM no issues what so ever. Video quality is awesome, sound is awesome and there is no play inside the port, nice and snug.

I am now a happy camper

Hope you got yours all figured out
    What was the name of the better brand you bought?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:15 AM
    What was the name of the better brand you bought?

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't an actual brand it was one the guy carries. But I find that if you do go out to buy one get one from a company that makes cables and has for a while. Like monster cables or rocket fish. Little more expensive but it's worth it to not ruin your port. My brother had good luck with a rocketfish cable from best buy. Just don't get the cheaper ones those are garbage. Even if on sale for 19 from 30. There is a reason for that sale. Lol. Hope this helps

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    06-26-13 03:56 PM
    I only ever buy cables from Monoprice.com. Never a problem and always at good prices.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:14 PM
44 12