Hi guys,

So about a week ago I dropped my Z10 and although it was a light drop I think it broke one of the microphones because the mic was working before that but isn't now. I *think* it's the bottom one because phone calls and parrot no longer work but BlackBerry assistant does.

I once had a similar issue on the Q10 and solved it by replacing the bezel. My question is, does anyone know if the bezel is also what would need to be changed on the Z10 to solve this issue? I'd rather take it apart only when I need to.

Update: while I'm at it, does anyone know what component would need to be changed to make the vibration work again ? I bought it second hand off a guy who shamelessly told me it was in perfect working condition.

Thanks!
    Chris

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 02:15 PM
    Bump, anyone ?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:39 AM
    Mic and vibrator are in the front frame...you can buy it with or without display/touch pre assembled.
    11-14-15 01:01 PM
    There are so many threads about the microphone issues on the Z10. Its very common that the lower mic just get to a 'ready to die' state and you would need to replace it.The part is not expensive but massive waiting time coz its from China!
    I'm waiting for the replacement part at the moment. I've been using loud speaker which is very annoying sometimes.
    11-15-15 06:20 PM
    Ok, I ordered a new digitizer. It's pretty cool that most of the components are included on it.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-16-15 06:02 AM
    OK, so I guess I'm that shameless guy... I told you it was in perfect condition, which it was. It hadn't been used for probably 6 months and the vibration worked the last time I used it.

Nice to know you received it.

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    11-16-15 03:21 PM
    OK, so I guess I'm that shameless guy... I told you it was in perfect condition, which it was. It hadn't been used for probably 6 months and the vibration worked the last time I used it.

Nice to know you received it.

Eh, apologies for the harsh wording. Don't know, it seemed so easy to do - you're never sure when you buy online. That and the fact I didn't even get a charger. Not a big deal, but it doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't matter man. No hard feelings on my side.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 03:36 PM
    Lots of new devices don't come with a charger so something has to give, plus all the accessories you got cost me more than what I received for the phone.
    I was trying to help someone out with a cheap phone , I will be thinking twice next time.

11-16-15 03:52 PM
    Well, I apologised and tried to act nice, so I hope you can accept that, that's all I can do, if you were in my place you would have been frustrated too, my motives are not un grounded. It's easy to feel someone on the Internet took advantage of you. I'm not making a big deal of them though. Just accept the apology, no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 04:45 PM