I saw somewhere in these forums that someone was complaining about BB10 not allowing individual notification tones for messages like on the older Blackberries. Just thought I'd post my discovery (I'm still on Verizon's older OS version).

I was editing my contact list and notice that at the very bottom of each contact (under Edit), there's an option to select a notification tone for that particular contact. So, this feature appears to exist! I need to test it out, but maybe others can try it too?

Just got my white Z10 and I love it!
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-02-13 02:58 PM
    It works. Set mine up with no problems. Some people just don't drill down enough to find some of the goodies, then complain.

Posted via CB 10. Boom
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-02-13 03:14 PM
    You are indeed correct! I hadn't spotted this before so nice find...and I'm sure something that more people need to be made aware of!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:16 PM
    They may have been talking about the inability to set separate notification tones for each email account (e.g. - Gmail, AOL, Exchange, etc...). Just a guess though, as I didn't see the post/thread you're talking about.
    04-02-13 03:21 PM
    For contact specific ringtones it works fine, but not to identify accounts. I miss this a bit.

Z10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:37 PM
    The problem is it doesn't work for text messages only email...

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    mapaulo likes this.
    04-02-13 03:51 PM
    Separate phone tones work but not message tones. I have many different tones set for text messages for different people but they don't work whether it's mp3 tones or Z10 built in tones.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:54 PM
    I see what the OP is talking about...yet I have tried many different times. This feature is NOT working for me either. Like everyone else is saying, phone tones work, the next level down states "message notification tone" doesn't work with assigning different tones/mps to texts!!
    04-02-13 04:08 PM
    Messages = Emails... not texts.
    04-02-13 04:19 PM
    Only issue I have is that it will list all your songs first and then list your ringtones at the bottom. There appears to be no option to just pick from ringtones. It's that kind of stuff that drives me crazy with the Z10.
    04-02-13 04:27 PM
    Only issue I have is that it will list all your songs first and then list your ringtones at the bottom. There appears to be no option to just pick from ringtones. It's that kind of stuff that drives me crazy with the Z10.
    Yes I agree! They need to add another drop down menu just for ring tones so the user can select their specific ring tone instead of countless lyrics scrolling down for the ring tones.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:42 PM
    Hmm, I finally gave this a try...the messages notification tones aren't working for me either... I sent myself an email and the tone I hear is the one I selected under Settings... I was hoping the tone I select in the Contacts would override that...

If someone got it to work, how did you do it? Thanks.
    04-02-13 06:50 PM
    There is no fix. That I know of. Message notifications is just for email. Which I would personally have no need for.

Individual text message notifications are not available. I would certainly hope this will be in future updates.
    04-02-13 06:55 PM
    Guys dont continue scratching your head...the new z10 does not overwrite tones for text messages just for emails...this is not good. Also it is annoying the fact that I can not turn off tones for specific emails accounts...i just upgrade the phone and will give myself 5 more days before going back to my torch or moving to iPhone or Galaxy. I am not sure where BB wants to be with so many inconsistencies!
    05-11-13 11:51 AM
    They may have been talking about the inability to set separate notification tones for each email account (e.g. - Gmail, AOL, Exchange, etc...). Just a guess though, as I didn't see the post/thread you're talking about.
    Sure, you can customize the notification tones to all your email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:56 PM