I received a notification message in the notification folder from thescore sports app. I deleted the app but the message still remains in the folder. Without reloading OS, any other options?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:28 PM
    A variety of potential methods using some other apps to get to it:

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.

Luckily, there's a fairly simple solution: Go to App World and download "Quick App Manager". Open this app, and it will show you all the Android apps installed on your PB, including a system app called "Downloads". Tap the "Downloads" app icon and choose to load the app, and you should find a list of files, probably just the two PDFs you mentioned. Tick the boxes beside them and delete them (can't remember if the option appears automatically when you tick the boxes or if you have to swipe down from the top bezel after ticking the boxes). That should fix your problem. Afterwards, you can delete Quick App Manager if you want.

On the homescreen, you should see entries for Favorites, SD Card, PB Media, FTP, Windows Share, Applications, and Exit. Tap on "Applications". Then scroll down and tap on "Downloads". Then "Shortcuts", and then "Downloads-Main". From here, delete any entries that appear.
    12-14-13 08:11 PM
    This is a BlackBerry App, not side loaded. Any other suggestions? Thanks so far for your assistance.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:21 PM
    It still might find the Notification but I'm not sure. What about reinstalling the app, maybe that will allow you to find/delete it, if you did not try that.

Looking it up, it looks like it might have been an Android port or derivation which means the notices can be tackled as above. But maybe someone will have some more ideas.
    12-14-13 09:47 PM