I was setting up my blue tooth headset and under the configure option discovered the MAP options and Message Access Accounts options. It would appear to be a method to read texts and emails, but I can't find any information on it. Any guidance available?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 09:43 PM
    Hi Walterwt,

The Message Access Profile in Blackberry's Bluetooth allows vehicles with compatible system (Ford, BMW to name 2) to access messages that were previously received or were just received, to be shown on the car's on-dash display unit. Messages in this case includes emails from accounts that were set in the phone, SMS/MMS messages (those already in the phone and those just received) to be accessed and displayed without having the driver to fumble on his mobile phone while driving, an action that will incur the wrath of the Traffic Police (in my country, they confiscate the mobile phone, slap you with some demerit points plus a hefty fine).

I have been using this feature since 2010 when my ride came equip with this function, it is in my opinion, the best option that I have chosen when I acquire the car.

Besides being able to use the hands-free function (phone and phone-book features accessible from buttons on the steering wheel) , the phone-book within the mobile phone is also transferred to the car's system, and that allows a very intuitive search function for any particular contact.

If you could benefit from getting reminders and calendar entries on your mobile to be shown on the in-dash screen, Avanquest does sell an app that you could download from BBWorld (Bluetooth Calendar Sync) for a small fee, but this app is currently not compatible with the Z10 (as yet I hope, and that Avanquest will have an upgrade soon), it is compatible with the 9800, 9810, 9860 to name a few that I have tested.

Hope that clear the air. Cheers

SImCC
    03-25-13 11:58 PM
    Beautiful explanation! I was thinking it was a voice thing to read your email etc, never thought of text on the display. Will look for that option in my next vehicle. Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:09 PM
    if i disable or unchecked my accounts in this feature because i have no use for the mobile cell pair-up connection, is this going to interfere with the normal function of the z10 and apps and other bluetooth connections? seems like a security hole also. i got into a friends bmw a couple of weeks ago and my phone paired up with the onboard bluetooth and started playing music without my permission. probably synced my phone book too. thanks in advance, 5050
    09-23-13 10:35 AM
    I don't know if this feature was added in 10.2, but I just noticed it. Since my car doesn't have this feature, I turn it off specifically because it is a potential security risk. I haven't found any issues related to bluetooth operation with this feature turned off.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 04:12 PM