Hi.

Yesterday I had 10.4gb app. memory on my Z10.

I downloaded Mireo Satnav, which also meant a file that was nearly 300mb, as well as the app.

Anyway, I uninstalled it but now the memory is showing as 9.9gb I've looked In every file I can think of, but can't see why this is?

It's not major, as there's plenty there! Just wondered if anyone could help? I've reset the phone and done a battery pull. Maybe it's not connected to Mireo, but seems suspicious...

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:00 AM
    Hi.

I downloaded Mireo Satnav, which also meant a file that was nearly 300mb, as well as the app.

Anyway, I uninstalled it but now the memory is showing as 9.9gb I've looked In every file I can think of, but can't see why this is?

It's not major, as there's plenty there! Just wondered if anyone could help? I've reset the phone and done a battery pull. Maybe it's not connected to Mireo, but seems suspicious...

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are confusing memory with storage. The z10 has 2GB of ram and 16Gb of storage. I don't have my Z10 yet (Come on AT&T Friday) so I don't know how it handles caching files on the storage device. Perhaps a reboot would clear the cache?
    03-20-13 01:10 AM
    That doesn't represent a memory leak. The OS has a lot of cache files for all the apps, so it's normal for that number to change. Trying to find a memory leak by looking at available space and RAM won't work on BB10. The OS is constantly trying to optimize those spaces, so it will use and release space as necessary. If you suddenly notice the OS getting sluggish, and you have almost 0 ram, that might indicate a memory leak
    03-20-13 01:10 AM
    Hi.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I fail to see the problem. Apps use memory. As such, your memory will fluctuate at any given point in time. Honestly, I don't even understand why you're paying attention to the app memory available unless things were going wrong and apps were crashing or your browser was crashing. It's all kind of moot -- this isn't BlackBerry OS.

That's aside from the fact that you appear to be confusing it with storage memory, in which case when you delete an app, it's not entirely removed due to the fact you may wish to download it again. Just like on a computer, when you delete something, there is often stuff left behind that will take up space.
    03-20-13 01:12 AM
    That doesn't represent a memory leak. The OS has a lot of cache files for all the apps, so it's normal for that number to change. Trying to find a memory leak by looking at available space and RAM won't work on BB10. The OS is constantly trying to optimize those spaces, so it will use and release space as necessary. If you suddenly notice the OS getting sluggish, and you have almost 0 ram, that might indicate a memory leak
    Most casual users wouldn't know a memory leak from a stack overflow. What most people call "memory leaks" are actually stack, heap, or buffer overflows.
    03-20-13 01:18 AM
    Thanks for the (in some cases mildly condescending) replies. I won't lose any sleep over it in that case.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:22 AM