Does anyone know if the Z10 formats the memory card in a different way to earlier models? When I swap out the card from my 9800 or vice versa I get a message saying the media card is blank and needs formatted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-13-13 06:51 PM
    When I first popped my "ancient" Class 4 32GB Transcend card into my Z10 it didn't have any trouble finding it, but it did add a new set of folders for camera, documents, etc. and finding anything on it was a hassle. There were embedded folders within folders all over the place, most of them empty.

What I did was pulled everything off the card in the folders they were in and saved them to my computer. I did this by plugging it into my computer with the sync cord and using MS Explorer to drag and drop them into the same file structure. It was a good exercise because I was able to delete a lot of junk. Then (making sure I truly backed all of the important stuff to my computer), I directed my Z to do a full reformat of the SD card.

Then using MS Explorer I dragged 'n dropped the files (only the files, not the folders) back to the the folders that were newly created on my Z, moving photos to the photo file, music to the music file, etc. This took me about a half hour to do because I had a lot of photos. Now that I did this I can find everything on my Z10 in a flash (pardon the pun).

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm guessing if you did this and reformatted your card to a clean slate, you can use the old SD card.

Does your computer read the SD card when plugged into your Z10? If it doesn't, use one of those up-converters to make it the size of an SD card and do your cleanup that way.
    Last edited by rickkel; 05-13-13 at 07:48 PM.
    05-13-13 07:35 PM
    As above!
    Clean up your card for best results. A lot of OS6 system files and thumbnail db files can slow down access.
    05-13-13 08:13 PM
    Thanks guys, I hear what you're saying. I did notice when the Z10 was connected to the computer and when I was trying out a few file manager apps that the Z10 had a strange file system and seemed to have a blackberry folder which had more music,video etc folders in that. All in all, including the device I had three of every type of folder. Formatting the card using the Z10 cleared that up and got me back to device/card folders again. Problem is I use both phones depending on what I'm doing. I don't take the Z10 to work when I'm out on site,still in the honeymoon period and I'm partial to breaking phones. So I guess if OS6 has folders that BB10 doesn't like and vice versa swapping the card straight from one phone to the other is going to problematic. I guess I may have to have a separate card in each phone and sync the two cards using a pc. maybe uploading both to box may also be an option too.

Sent from My BlackBerry 9800
    05-14-13 01:59 PM