Is there a limitation to the size of the micro sd card the Z10 can access.
    01-05-14 03:25 PM
    A 64 GB card is the maximum. Members seem to have reported best results using name brand, class 6 or better.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-05-14 03:31 PM
    I'm not sure if it's an issue with BB10 but in Android the 64 gig cards have to be formatted in FAT32. They usually ship formatted in exFAT (SanDisk cards do, anyway).

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    01-05-14 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. New mSD cards, especially 64 GB, should be formatted in the device before swapping files over to them. BB10 doesn't like exFAT.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-05-14 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. New mSD cards, especially 64 GB, should be formatted in the device before swapping files over to them. BB10 doesn't like exFAT.
    Mine would not format in the z10 - did not recognize it at all. I returned it to CB. Then there were more threads and discussions of Desktop program that could fix it. So I re-ordered a card, formatted in computer (still exfat, I believe) but then the z10 recognized it and it has worked for 3 weeks (fingers remain crossed)
    01-05-14 07:29 PM
    Not sure what you and mrsmumbles are talking about....i use a SanDisk 64gb ultra...inserted and used with no formatting at all....has worked flawlessly,9 months and counting....i always use SanDisk in all my devices, and have never had a need to format, (approximately 15 cards).....you should not need to format them, unless they have been previously formatted in another device...

Also, the OPS question was to the max size of card that can be used....as soon as the 128gb card is on sale at a decent price I will be purchasing one for my SanDisk Wifi flash drive so I will update this post as to whether it will work or not....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zed_10; 01-07-14 at 08:59 AM.
    01-07-14 08:47 AM
    Not sure what you and mrsmumbles are talking about....i use a SanDisk 64gb ultra...inserted and used with no formatting at all....has worked flawlessly,9 months and counting....i always use SanDisk in all my devices, and have never had a need to format, (approximately 15 cards).....you should not need to format them, unless they have been previously formatted in another device...

Also, the OPS question was to the max size of card that can be used....as soon as the 128gb card is on sale at a decent price I will be purchasing one for my SanDisk Wifi flash drive so I will update this post as to whether it will work or not....

Posted via CB10
    I _THINK_ the issue _MAY_ but bug in the newer OS's. They can't handle the exFAT format and can't format the card. If I recall, some folks rolled back the OS to use the cards. But my recollection can be suspect!
    01-07-14 10:00 AM
    I _THINK_ the issue _MAY_ but bug in the newer OS's. They can't handle the exFAT format and can't format the card. If I recall, some folks rolled back the OS to use the cards. But my recollection can be suspect!
    Hmm, interesting...i had not heard that....i am on 10.2.0.1725, have not jumped to the latest leak yet...would be a shame as I swap out my cards with different devices and am not sure that what is on a card formatted to one device would be able to show on another...
    Was also thinking that there may be differences between the variants of phones, so some may have issues and others not....i have the stl 100-4 on Verizon

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:22 PM
    10.2.1.1925 on the same Verizon model. I had tried Sandisk 64gigs. Neither was recognized and neither would format in the z10. I actually sent one back. Then more info was posted as well as a program (win) to format the card. I took a chance and purchased it again. Still did not work out-of-the-box but after using the Win tool, the z10 was able to use it.

It is possible that if the card was used in an earlier OS, the phone "accommodates" it (it does create its needed folders when inserted normally) and that might carry over to the newer OS.
    01-07-14 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    In addition to what F2 and others said, the formatting for 64 gig cards is a necessity for most Android devices. I wasn't sure about BB since I don't have one yet. In Android there's an automatic prompt to reformat the card in devices which have micro SD card slots.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-14 06:55 AM
    So if there's any chance you'll be swapping out the card to use in any Android device it's safest to reformat in FAT32 before use. Then it should work in nearly every device that supports microSD.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-14 06:57 AM
    128 working beautifully in my z30

The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    03-28-14 06:25 PM
    128 working beautifully in my z30

The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    Brand, speed, specs might help others make a choice. And you did say Z30.
    03-28-14 07:43 PM