I searched the forum & I haven't been able to fix my issue so hoping for more ideas. I know this is a repeat so I apologize.

3 Days ago my battery started draining super fast - within 3 hours it's completely dead without me even using it. It's hot to the touch & charges super slowly so it's actively trying to drain even when it's charging. I had an extra battery so I switched to that - same problem. I have hard rebooted many times with no improvement. I left it plugged in & pulled out the battery for 5 minutes but this also did not help. I deleted some apps I wasn't using to free up some memory & ran Clean Master. I uninstalled my GMail account and have tried several different chargers.
    I am running Verizon 10.3.2.556 & have since it came out. I haven't installed any new updates or apps.

What else can I try?

Thanks!
    09-13-15 10:59 AM
    Device Monitor.
    Check Battery and CPU to see what is using the most resources.
    Clifton Johnson likes this.
    09-13-15 11:11 AM
    Just purchase a new battery online. I bought a gold battery from EBay and it was a great investment.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 11:13 AM
    Device Monitor.
    Check Battery and CPU to see what is using the most resources.
    System is using the most in both. Anything after that is negligible at less than 1%
    09-13-15 01:12 PM
    Just purchase a new battery online. I bought a gold battery from EBay and it was a great investment.

Posted via CB10
    The 2850 Am? Gold battery are the fake China ones. If you peel off the gold sticker it's actually like normal ones 1800 or something

STL100-2 \ SR 10.3.2.2474 \ OS 10.3.2.2639
    chaosdivine likes this.
    09-13-15 03:01 PM
    Maybe u are using Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:28 PM
    System is using the most in both. Anything after that is negligible at less than 1%
    Are you connection to the internet with the Z10 via Wifi or cell data network?
    Or are both services active?
    09-13-15 03:33 PM
    mostly wifi though I have left the house & used Verizon. I turned all radio off for awhile to see if that helped but it didn't.

I am using a few Android Apps .. I guess I can try & go delete them to see if that helps.
    09-13-15 04:25 PM
    If you have a lot of Android apps you can also check with Task Manager which apps stay active.
    09-13-15 04:41 PM
    Restart the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:06 PM
    The 2850 Am? Gold battery are the fake China ones. If you peel off the gold sticker it's actually like normal ones 1800 or something

STL100-2 \ SR 10.3.2.2474 \ OS 10.3.2.2639
    He speaks the truth. The gold batteries are indeed fakes. Somewhere on here there are other threads about this topic.
    09-13-15 05:20 PM
    I searched the forum & I haven't been able to fix my issue so hoping for more ideas. I know this is a repeat so I apologize.

3 Days ago my battery started draining super fast - within 3 hours it's completely dead without me even using it. It's hot to the touch & charges super slowly so it's actively trying to drain even when it's charging. I had an extra battery so I switched to that - same problem. I have hard rebooted many times with no improvement. I left it plugged in & pulled out the battery for 5 minutes but this also did not help. I deleted some apps I wasn't using to free up some memory & ran Clean Master. I uninstalled my GMail account and have tried several different chargers.
    I am running Verizon 10.3.2.556 & have since it came out. I haven't installed any new updates or apps.

What else can I try?

Thanks!
    Blow away the OS and start new.. FAST!

Posted via CB10
    delgadom likes this.
    09-13-15 05:54 PM
    A lot of people have been complaining lately about batteries draining,myself included ,I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it,it's been raining heavy for 2 days now,most of the east coast ,I'm in Montreal,lol
    09-13-15 07:21 PM
    I had a Z10 and it did the same until I did a security wipe and installed an autoloader - smooth as new!!!
    go for it!
    09-13-15 10:16 PM
    So all week long I couldn't make a backup. Not the quick, full, or custom - it just kept failing. I decided to just use my last backup from May but also backup using ultimate backup app. I wiped out my BB and did a factory reset. This did not fix my battery drain. It's still only lasting about 3 hours. (but quicker drain if I use phone) I also now can't log into BBM. I reloaded my old May backup. This did not fix my BBM issue. I can't use ultimate backup to get my latest info because it needs to be connected to BBM! so now not only is my phone still dying fast but I can't use BBM & I lost most of my recent stuff (well not my pictures - those are all on dropbox anyway). I am ordering a new battery - I am going to assume that somehow I fried both batteries I have. I am not going to get that gold one seeing as some people think its fake. I'll just get the regular one and see if that fixes battery drain. What can I do about BBM now though? I tried searching & it I didn't find any server issues happening now however my message when I tried to set up BBM says: "A temporary server issue has occurred. Please try again. " that's been there since I wiped my phone yesterday.

Thank you!
    09-22-15 09:09 AM
    Im also having the same prob so i wont make another thread.
    This is ridiculous! I fixed my z10 after the screen broke, saw the new update was out and upgraded to it (did a factory reset before i did to start fresh). The battery is even worse now amazingly! Before the screen broke it only lasted a few hours under NO use at all.(Before it use to last 8am- 12pm. Now it hardly makes it to 11am. Its pretty ridiculous to think that i have to carry around an extra battery and phone charger because this phone can't last half a day under no use. In contrast to an iphone i have that has been on for 3 days with no use (currently at 23 percent iirc). I hardly use this phone(only for talking and light music use), it shouldnt be dying this fast....
    I have one app store game installed (ashpahlt 8), whatsapp and insta10
    One andriod app (tinder) i had more but deleted them all to see if the life would change, no dice....

I restart the phone literally every day from battery switching, waiting a min to put the new one in.
    My current usage the last 48 hours are
    System:112% display 60% brower 56% standby 31% music 22% and whatsapp 4%

I had a gmail account linked in but i read somewhere that it caused battery problems so i removed it(with my fb account)
    Its a shame that i had to not use a feature of the phone in order to improve something that should be good to go from stock...... If i cant use the basic features of what makes a bb a bb, then why do i still have it? I've owned only bb for all my phones(the iphone was a gift) but this z10 might be the last straw. I know im ranting here but its a shame my work horse is going to limp out my life because it cant last half a day without needing juice....

edit: its such a nice looking phone too, bought the new housing in white. Its just like a bimbo now though. All for looks but can't do anything.
    I can try a factory reset but i honestly don't know what that would accomplish. I did that a few times before and nothing really changed. I really doubt the batteries are dead, this phone just drains them like no tomorrow
    Clifton Johnson likes this.
    09-22-15 04:15 PM
    Reload OS by autoloader and do not to restore back files . Turn off the location mode if is not in use. Hit the application permission and turn off back ground apps running minimise . Cut down Gmail setting to sync set 4 hours or more . This will help to improve battery life.

Z10/STL100-2 ***OS 2639***
    09-22-15 08:05 PM
    Not a hardware or battery problem. I faced same problem but after hard reset I was able to solve this

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 08:24 PM
    So I ordered a new OEM battery off of Amazon & I am STILL having same issue - WTH could it be?
    09-30-15 10:12 AM
    They should get VW to repair this problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:51 PM
    They should get VW to repair this problem.

Posted via CB10
    Only problem with this is that the problem wouldnt show up during any testing!

Lol

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 02:05 PM
    So you have posted a lot about how your battery is draining quickly, but no screen shots of the device monitor so that they can be examined. Could help, probably won't hurt.

Also when you change battery do you shut the phone first or do you just pull the battery out while running?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 04:10 PM
    So you have posted a lot about how your battery is draining quickly, but no screen shots of the device monitor so that they can be examined. Could help, probably won't hurt.

Also when you change battery do you shut the phone first or do you just pull the battery out while running?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Attached are screenshots of my device manager. I usually don't shut down, I just do a battery pull however a few times my battery drained to nothing & **** down & I switched out batteries then too. Massive Battery Drain just started, what can I do?-img_20150930_191328.pngMassive Battery Drain just started, what can I do?-img_20150930_191349.pngMassive Battery Drain just started, what can I do?-img_20150930_191411.pngMassive Battery Drain just started, what can I do?-img_20150930_191402.png
    09-30-15 08:18 PM
    Only problem with this is that the problem wouldnt show up during any testing!

Lol

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    Yeah VZ & I are having issues right now & I am probably dropping them due to an issue with my husband's line. I am pretty sure bad mouthing them for the past few days all over social media & telling off store manager won't be in my favor. I still want to stay with a z10 though wherever I go - I really love my phone.
    09-30-15 08:21 PM
    My Z10 also had a massive battery drain and I took it in to Verizon for help. They showed me that network services were incorrectly set to Global. That causes the phone to continually search for available networks. Check that and see if you have the same issue. Settings-Networks-Mobile Network-Network Technology-Set it to LTE/CDMA.
    09-30-15 08:51 PM
47 12