At least for the US I find BlackBerry Maps to work very well. Helps me navigate around Houston, only thing I don't like is it won't tell me what side of the street an address/business is on. That and it will repeat itself sometimes lol

Posted via CB10

That is why I don't use it, I need to know which lane to be in and which way to turn.

Give me a slider powered by a Squircle.
    07-14-14 10:03 AM
    Thank you so much Dave, I've installed and seems to be a better app than Mireo, if so I will cry about all the money I've spend all ready with them for the maps.....
    Thank you again!

Proudly Z10 owner
    Update: tried NAVFree a few days and if in the beggining seems to be ok, after a few tests I can say that Mireo remains first option. NAV FREE doesn't have flow it runs step to step, how can I say, it is not motion flow like Mireo, and it is weird, you can not look at it after a few minutes is disturbing.
    And it is not si precise like it seems.

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-16-14 01:11 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....

.... any, and all of the download model mapping programs are, by design, flawed. To prove this statement put your phone in airplane mode and see how good BB or Google Maps is now you cannot download any content.

My recommendation is the excellent Mireo "Don't Panic", brilliant application! Installs the maps ON the phone so they're always there even if you lose cell signal

Mireo DON'T PANIC Maps - Available Maps
    I've decided also that is the best available for BlackBerry. It is not free but Mireo is not Google ....it works fine and after the last BlackBerry update it seems to find more snappy the satellites. but has a major flaw: you must enter before the country, city, and after that the street. It is not searching in the hole data container. Another flaw is that has just a few complete POI just for Greece....and also the imputernicirea method sucks, need to be update it: you must enter the right name in order to be find it, in other maps apps you can find names contextual.

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-16-14 01:18 PM
    Not your fault.

It is good that it works well in the US. That shows that they are able to make a good maps app.

Just hope they will improve for other parts of the world or if it is to much effort, that they will partner up with someone.

Not just for consumers but for business people. I think they especially demand a working native maps app. Talking about salespersons that are travelling the whole day...

Posted via CB10
    They already partnered with Tomtom it's up to them to integrate it within their own app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 01:55 PM
    A GPS that won't accept GPS coordinate input (like everywhere you want to go has an address).
    Yes, I know you can get the GPS coordinates of your current position, and send that to someone else in Whatsapp.
    Yes, I know someone else can send you their coordinates via Whatsapp.
    But,
    You can't enter coordinates directly.
    You can't cut/paste from a text message.
    If you get GPS coordinates via Whatsapp, you can't edit them for another location.

Favorites that you can't edit:
    Once you have entered and saved a field in a favorite location, you can't then go back and edit that field again - the field is locked.

Google Maps, here I come....
    10-22-15 09:39 AM
    It was alright back in 2013. In 2015 I don't know why but I find it slower now, inaccurate when it comes to traffic and just a pain to use as compared to Google maps on my Sony.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 02:49 PM
    Windows phone has Here maps, they are excellent, downloaded a lot more reliable, but BlackBerry maps do the job until you lose signal!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    10-23-15 04:01 PM
    Nope maps works really well
    10-23-15 05:14 PM
58 123