Anyone else having issues making phone calls? Had to restart my Z10 a couple of times because I couldn't call out. Clicked on a contact via the recent calls list and it does nothing. Tried to manually dial, still nothing. I even tried to force close the Phone app by long pressing the "X" on the active screens. No effect. Extremely strange...
    04-14-13 06:25 AM
    Do you have any side-loaded apps in relation to calls to Google voice? Maybe that's causing it. Albeit, I hardly EVER make calls
    04-14-13 09:43 AM
    I literally just had this problem for the first time today since having the phone.

My mum wanted me to call my sis, so I went to contacts, no contacts...
    Closed phonebook, reopened a few times, all contacts appeared...
    Scrolled down to contact name, tapped, nothing happens... tap & hold, side menu appears, dragged to call, nothing happened...

*by this time, mum's like, wtf is taking you so long*

temporary solution without a reboot...
    hit the telephone icon button, scroll down the history, and called from there.
    04-14-13 10:00 AM
    I literally just had this problem for the first time today since having the phone.

My mum wanted me to call my sis, so I went to contacts, no contacts...
    Closed phonebook, reopened a few times, all contacts appeared...
    Scrolled down to contact name, tapped, nothing happens... tap & hold, side menu appears, dragged to call, nothing happened...

*by this time, mum's like, wtf is taking you so long*

temporary solution without a reboot...
    hit the telephone icon button, scroll down the history, and called from there.
    OK - so I hadn't rebooted so the fix was...

Swipe Up the phonebook so its an active frame - tap & hold the [x] icon to force close the app and reopened it, working fine again without reboot.
    hbelkin likes this.
    04-14-13 10:02 AM
    What about merely using the search button to find the Contact. Once done make the call?

Posted via Navi's CB10
    04-14-13 10:13 AM
    Do you have any side-loaded apps in relation to calls to Google voice? Maybe that's causing it. Albeit, I hardly EVER make calls
    No side-loaded apps are installed besides Instagram.

OK - so I hadn't rebooted so the fix was...

Swipe Up the phonebook so its an active frame - tap & hold the [x] icon to force close the app and reopened it, working fine again without reboot.
    As mentioned in my original post, I tried that... Didn't work for me. I even tried the 5 diagonal swipes in the hub to see if that would help... No change. The only thing that remedied my issue was to reboot.

I just noticed that this problem seems to occur after I had the mobile hotspot feature running for some time. Anyone else out there use mobile hotspot constantly and have this problem?
    04-14-13 09:25 PM