I was at a movie tonight and there was a Blackberry ad running before featuring the word prediction and flicking. The words were much bigger in the ad. I have been finding that I have to really squint to see the words at the default size but there doesn't seem to be a setting for it.
    03-02-13 10:12 PM
    Maybe it's time for a pair of glasses....
    03-02-13 10:32 PM
    Never had any issues with it. But I suspect you just can't make it any bigger, not exactly much space to play with on those frets.
    03-02-13 10:34 PM
    Maybe it's time for a pair of glasses....
    nah, my sight up close is pretty good. If you watch the "keep moving" ad, and watch when they show the flicking...the text is way bigger.
    03-02-13 10:40 PM
    nah, my sight up close is pretty good. If you watch the "keep moving" ad, and watch when they show the flicking...the text is way bigger.
    For advertising purposes it makes sense to show it larger as it gets the point across better. Almost every time a device with a screen, be it tv, cells, computers etc, has a t.v. commercial the actual screen shown is superimposed and not really the operational image.
    03-02-13 10:54 PM
    maybe if you change the default text size? i know there is an option for the browser. I will look into it
    03-02-13 11:01 PM
    I am with you would be nice to be able to make the size bigger

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:40 PM
    The size I just fine. I have glasses and I am NOT wearing them and it is still big enough....
    03-02-13 11:55 PM
    the words get smaller as the word gets longer and vice versa because it needs to fit within the key
    03-03-13 12:52 AM
    This was probably the only complaint I had when testing the Z10 at BEF recently. It's not just the small size, but there's not enough contrast between the color of the suggested word and the fret bar behind it. I use the predictive text on the PB and love it, but it is a disjointed typing experience. Seeing the online videos, it didn't seem like an issue until I had it in person. I asked the rep if there was a way to change it and he spent quite a while looking for a way without success. Hopefully, they will add some color or sizing options in the future.

As for the other suggested solution, I will admit that I probably do need some reading glasses as I am hitting the age where eyesight begins to deteriorate. But a big portion of BlackBerry's userbase is also nearing or past the same point, so I'm not sure it's the best overall solution. Nor would it be good for marketing...

Landscape made it slightly better. It should be fine on the PlayBook.
    03-03-13 05:58 PM
    Yup, being old, I'd vote for a different colour for the predictive text.
    03-04-13 08:21 AM
    I'd love it to be bigger too. Not always convenient to dig for my reading glasses in my purse on a packed subway! Different colour might help as well.

A proud BBZ10 Household.....
    07-10-13 10:00 PM