10.2.1 took us by storm, the ability to load apks directly, but moving on, whats the next big update going to be?

I'd love the ability to load OS update directly on my phone without the need of wifi , pc BlackBerry Link or sachesi etc etc in developing countries like South Africa we still struggling to get free wifi we have data bundles only.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-14 11:54 PM
    Any idea why I can't delete emails after the 10.2.1 update.
    Thanks
    01-29-14 12:07 AM
    Any idea why I can't delete emails after the 10.2.1 update.
    Thanks
    Re attach those email accounts. Happened to me. In fact couldn't even mark as read. After I re-attached everything worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:06 AM
    10.2.1 took us by storm, the ability to load apks directly, but moving on, whats the next big update going to be?

I'd love the ability to load OS update directly on my phone without the need of wifi , pc BlackBerry Link or sachesi etc etc in developing countries like South Africa we still struggling to get free wifi we have data bundles only.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure the data transfer via cell of a huge block of 1GB+ could be relevant in your area, either for the file integrity and regarding your bill.
    I believe the best way would be to use Link with a wired computer, I was surprised to find it in your exclusion list.
    Do you mean you'd like to have it shipped on a physical media ?
    01-31-14 08:15 AM
    I'm not sure the data transfer via cell of a huge block of 1GB+ could be relevant in your area, either for the file integrity and regarding your bill.
    I believe the best way would be to use Link with a wired computer, I was surprised to find it in your exclusion list.
    Do you mean you'd like to have it shipped on a physical media ?
    No i mean load it directly like an apk on 10.2.1, would make things so much easy, problem with link is it bearly works with the mac, is it easy on Windows?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:49 AM
    No i mean load it directly like an apk on 10.2.1, would make things so much easy, problem with link is it bearly works with the mac, is it easy on Windows?

Posted via CB10
    The latest version works great for me on windows 8.1
    02-04-14 10:51 AM
    Might be nicer for BlackBerry to allow installing. BAR files in the same way we can with. APK?

You could then easily get beta software, updates and other home brew bits that are not in the store onto the device easily, without a PC/Mac to help...

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    FF22 likes this.
    02-04-14 11:05 AM
    Or make it possible to download the latest OS on BlackBerry world, why not?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:54 AM
    If the problem is a lack of WiFi or Internet Access for your computer but it's more easily available for your phone then why not try the Mobile Hotspot or USB Tethering features of your phone which would allow your computer to use your phone's data package?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:29 PM
    If the problem is a lack of WiFi or Internet Access for your computer but it's more easily available for your phone then why not try the Mobile Hotspot or USB Tethering features of your phone which would allow your computer to use your phone's data package?

Posted via CB10
    I can use tethering, u mean use BlackBerry link with it?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:50 AM
    I can use tethering, u mean use BlackBerry link with it?

Posted via CB10
    I mean since you have data packages but problems with wifi access, you can use the data package from your phone to download files on your phone or your PC using Link, Sachesi or via downloading leaks using your Web browser. You can also install updates on BB10 devices straight from the browser now too. I hope I'm understanding your original post properly.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    The next update is not 10.3 if that's what your thinking. It will be a 10.2.2 update. Fixing a lot of problems that people have with the runtime, battery issues, and other problems. It will also bring a few new features, possibly from BBOS 7. 10.3 won't come till the end of the year probably...if we are lucky.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:29 AM
    I mean since you have data packages but problems with wifi access, you can use the data package from your phone to download files on your phone or your PC using Link, Sachesi or via downloading leaks using your Web browser. You can also install updates on BB10 devices straight from the browser now too. I hope I'm understanding your original post properly.

Posted via CB10
    Wow realy, straight from the browser, how? Any tutorials on dat ill try it right away

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:03 AM
    The next update is not 10.3 if that's what your thinking. It will be a 10.2.2 update. Fixing a lot of problems that people have with the runtime, battery issues, and other problems. It will also bring a few new features, possibly from BBOS 7. 10.3 won't come till the end of the year probably...if we are lucky.

Posted via CB10
    Fixing thr runtime, battery issues and all other petty problems is not a major update, im talking about a big update that will make a difference in ones use of BlackBerry 10 like direct loading of apk's.

And why not have the official releases be directly updated by users themselves instead of waiting on some carrier to drag their feet, i wanna download a leak directly on my phone like an apk, why not, file too big? Then they should cut it up and make it 5 different files, call it step 1, 2 etc like loading a windows software on ur pc.

And yes uploading on direct BARS too can be nice

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:12 AM
    Wow realy, straight from the browser, how? Any tutorials on dat ill try it right away

Posted via CB10
    First thing first. I'm not exactly clear as to what you would like to do. There is a mobile hotspot feature on your BlackBerry 10 phone which would allow the phone to act as a WiFi Mobile Hotspot. Tap search on your phone and type hotspot. You would then be able to connect your computer to it using WiFi and use the web browser on your computer to download whatever you need. The BlackBerry USA website has an option to update the phone using Internet Explorer or Firefox. You can download leaked updates using either the phone browser, the Mega App that's available in BlackBerry World or using your PC.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:35 AM