Hi! Please excuse the uppercase use in the title but I really need someone's help.

I've been having connection issues with my Z10 (nothing major, just losing data connection sometimes). At the advice of my carrier's customer service, updating my software might solve this issue. So I did just that. I updated to 10.0.9.44 last night. Model STL100-1

Since the update, I cannot connect to a mobile network (the option to connect to a mobile network is greyed out- see pic attached). Also, the battery is unable to charge fully (it goes up to 65% and back down). I had NO battery problems before this and I could always connect to a mobile network. Could it be that the update messed up the battery as well?

My phone is not locked to a network, I tried a different sim (diff carrier) and it is the same issue. I simply cannot connect to a mobile network. BBM and data works fine on wifi but I cannot make or receive calls obviously or texts.

I tried reloading the software as the crackberry guide suggests but everytime I try to access blackberry.com/updates, I get redirected to the US site.MAJOR Problem: Z10 Update Issue. Cannot connect to mobile network. HELP-mobile-network-screenshot.jpg

What can I do??
    02-13-13 03:01 AM
    Hi! Please excuse the uppercase use in the title but I really need someone's help.

I've been having connection issues with my Z10 (nothing major, just losing data connection sometimes). At the advice of my carrier's customer service, updating my software might solve this issue. So I did just that. I updated to 10.0.9.44 last night. Model STL100-1

Since the update, I cannot connect to a mobile network (the option to connect to a mobile network is greyed out- see pic attached). Also, the battery is unable to charge fully (it goes up to 65% and back down). I had NO battery problems before this and I could always connect to a mobile network. Could it be that the update messed up the battery as well?

My phone is not locked to a network, I tried a different sim (diff carrier) and it is the same issue. I simply cannot connect to a mobile network. BBM and data works fine on wifi but I cannot make or receive calls obviously or texts.

I tried reloading the software as the crackberry guide suggests but everytime I try to access blackberry.com/updates, I get redirected to the US site.

What can I do??
    Sounds like you something *did* go wrong during your software update and you do need a reload. Are you able to load this site (in Firefox OR Internet Explorer ONLY):

BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US

It doesn't matter if it's US based, only if you need to be able to see text that says: "To see if you have the most recent software, or if there are updates available, connect your smartphone to your computer via USB and click the button below."

If you *can* load that site in Firefox OR Internet Explorer, please follow the steps posted by BlackBerry here:
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB33480
    twstd.reality and TheHK like this.
    02-13-13 03:05 AM
    also check that you've got the right apn for your carrier.
    02-13-13 03:25 AM
    Thank you B320,

I am currently updating the software (managed to access the site through Firefox). I followed the steps you mentioned and I am currently at 27%- will let you know how it goes
    02-13-13 04:35 AM
    Thank you B320,

I am currently updating the software (managed to access the site through Firefox). I followed the steps you mentioned and I am currently at 27%- will let you know how it goes
    OK! So glad it's working for you! Please do *not* unplug the device until the process is done. Your device may restart several times on its own. Do not interrupt the process or you probably will have to start over.
    TheHK likes this.
    02-13-13 04:48 AM
    hi, i juz wanna know if the prob still exist?
    02-13-13 10:00 AM
    hi, i juz wanna know if the prob still exist?
    He didn't come back and tell us...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:08 AM

What can I do??

Hmmm... Istn't STL100-1 the DevAlpha B device?
    02-13-13 10:15 AM
    so i should update or not,,,,
    02-13-13 10:15 AM
    Hmmm... Istn't STL100-1 the DevAlpha B device?
    No

02-13-13 10:25 AM
    so i should update or not,,,,
    If an update is offered, it's safe to do it. Plug your phone into power though and make sure you have a good, uninterrupted network connection.

02-13-13 10:27 AM
    He didn't come back and tell us...

Hi Guys! The update took the better part of 4 hours, I had to leave the house at 75% and that's why I was late in getting back to you with the feedback.

So, I just got home now.. the update is complete. It is now version 10.0.9.348

The mobile network is working again and it is not greyed out as in the screenshot in the first post. The battery is at 70% (I am hoping that it is being charged and will go back up to 100% eventually).

I am really happy that the network is back to normal. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of having a non-working phone in your hands. Thanks to b320 for the re-install instructions.

P.S. As I am writing this post, the battery has gone up to 75% so the software update was definitely the reason for my problems and I am glad that things have gone back to normal again!

PPS: I am a SHE not a HE
    THANK YOU
    Last edited by TheHK; 02-13-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: ps
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 11:02 AM
    Thank you for coming back!!!
    02-13-13 11:05 AM
    Sorry about the gender confusion. Glad the software reload worked.

Lesson: software malfunction does not necessitate a device swap. Certainly not before trying a full OS reload.

02-13-13 11:20 AM
    Thank you for coming back!!!
    You are welcome! I hope nobody gets this problem but at least now we know the solution.

The battery is at 90% now
    b320 and cjcampbell like this.
    02-13-13 11:29 AM
    heyy pleas help me .... ia have the same problem with my network data connection .... i have one gb internet but i can't browse any thing or open fb app etc..
    and the data service is on .... please some one tell me exactly wht tp do ..... note * i had installe the last update
    09-04-13 01:41 PM