I was wondering if anyone else has even running into device storage problems. My other data is sitting at 15.3GB which means I do not have loads of space left. I had 4 email accounts (i have since removed 2) deleted old BBM, WhatsApp and text message chats but it is still that high. I have 81 apps and games which I have loaded. Could this be the problem? Any suggestions? A security wipe a solution? I'm have Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
    Thanks for your assistance

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:52 AM
    the 81 apps/games do have an impact but a security wipe is recommended also. This is happenning to alot of people and I think they have to wipe to get the space back. How many android sideloads do you have?
    08-28-13 06:59 AM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! Low device storage could happen from too many apps and games. However if your phone is working properly, why worry about it? You could delete some unused apps and games and see if your memory storage improves.
    There are other threads on this. I have not read them all and am no expert but in on thread I did read you have to wipe it. You should read them, I find having to wipe for a bug that may come back is unacceptable but that's just me.
    Delete, Delete and Delete and when you finish that, Delete, Delete and Delete again.
    08-28-13 07:19 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else has even running into device storage problems. My other data is sitting at 15.3GB which means I do not have loads of space left. I had 4 email accounts (i have since removed 2) deleted old BBM, WhatsApp and text message chats but it is still that high. I have 81 apps and games which I have loaded. Could this be the problem? Any suggestions? A security wipe a solution? I'm have Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
    Thanks for your assistance

Posted via CB10
    81 apps and games probably is the problem. Also, do you have your phone set so that your music and your photos are saved to your sd card, or to your device? If to your device, then change so that they are saved to your sd card. Also delete any apps that you really do not use. You can always reload them later if you need them. And are you running a lot of stuff in Active Frames? That can also be a factor in using up your memory.
    08-28-13 08:09 AM
    Thanks for the recommendations. I have deleted a couple apps and games. I now have 1.1GB free. I have also received an OS update notification to 10.1.0.4181. I will give this a try tonight and see it helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:11 AM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! Low device storage could happen from too many apps and games. However if your phone is working properly, why worry about it? You could delete some unused apps and games and see if your memory storage improves.
    The device works fine it is only that every now and then I get a low device storage warning.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:13 AM
    81 apps and games probably is the problem. Also, do you have your phone set so that your music and your photos are saved to your sd card, or to your device? If to your device, then change so that they are saved to your sd card. Also delete any apps that you really do not use. You can always reload them later if you need them. And are you running a lot of stuff in Active Frames? That can also be a factor in using up your memory.
    I only have my calender running in active frames most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:14 AM
    Try going to file manager and search data you should get one for android long press folder and select. Properties. With all the side loads especially game s I think this is where your memory is going

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 12:16 PM
    Same here. I checked the Android folder. It's only 2GB of my Other Data.

Low device storage-img_00000579.png

I need a new SD card to move the music over, but other than that I can't see how Other Data can be so large...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 03:36 PM
    Yeah! I'd like to be able to find out, what is "other" in the storage detail... i mean i dont exactly have a lot of app or games. i have 3 or 4 games.. 1 big one 1GB others... 100MB ish.. so should i do a wipe?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 05:23 AM
    Other Data is sometimes cached files from Android apps. I had a tumblr app side loaded and it saved every image that I viewed in a folder. Other android apps (ported or side loaded) may be taking up extra space by doing something similar.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:15 AM
    In my previous post I barely have 600mb free. Suddenly I have 1.4gb free. I didn't delete or download anything. My phone feels a lot faster as well. At the time of my previous post a lot of apps was excruciatingly slow. Sliding up to minimize regularly took me 5seconds or more to be able to use the phone again.

Is there anyway to limit how these android apps "reproduce". Or is there a safe way to wipe the nonsense files they create?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 11:33 AM
    I've deleted all my Android apps I sideloaded and apps I don't use that often. I now have 2.1GB free. Will keep an eye on this. Thanks for all the help. I also upgraded and am now running 10.1.0.4633.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:14 PM
    I don't have any side loaded apps though. Just the appworld ports...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:18 PM