hello crackberry world , love my z10 but there are somethings i hope you can help with or blackberry themselves do something about . i have been a long time blackberry user since 2000 , i am a blackberry geek and have everything from the RIM 850 to the z10 . love the new platform but
    1) no social feeds / rss feeds app - i think blackberry should bring social feeds back and integrate into the hub
    2) I find word substitution doesn't work when i am texting - it works well in bbm , facebook , twitter but don't know why not when using text
    3) I wish there was a option for you to just take the device out of stand by mode by just pressing the top button without having to swipe up as well ( yes i know about the "allow gestures when locked option )
    4) I dont know if it is my device but when i used the blackberry flip case and leather pocket i found that my device reset itself 3 times . then i tried the transfrom shell and it hasnt happened yet . is it something to do with the sensor in the cases ?
    5) I miss the fact when you used to use the @ symbol in the twitter app from blackberry that it gave you the persons twitter user name , not their screen name ( sometimes ppl change them so often but the user name most of the time stays the same ) . It now goes into your contacts and to be honest i know more ppl on twitter by their twitter name . in the old twitter for blackberry when i hit the @ symbol and started typing the beginning of their name it would show me all the ppl that had that letter in their twitter user name but no it goes else where .

I know there is a lil learning curve and i came from being a full qwerty user , but the touch screen isn't the thing for me , I think blackberry did an amazing job with the on screen keyboard and i love it .And i also know we are on a new platform but I am power communications guy , not a app guy ( well not yet - thank you blackberry world ) and i find this device is great but can be better .

please dont get me wrong #teamblackberry for life

(btw im running 10.0.9.348 , rogers black z10 , pin:266F411F )
    Snazy and scunliffe like this.
    02-06-13 09:08 AM
    I was surprised about #1 and 2 also.
    02-06-13 09:20 AM
    Yeah, I used the social feeds app a lot, not having that one makes me scratch my head. With twitter, not being able to have multiple accounts is a bit of an irritant too.
    02-06-13 09:25 AM
    Im right there with you on 1 and 5.
    Was just having a moan about those amongst other things on my blog (link in signature)

It seems they have made some HUGE advances in some areas, then just for some reason left other things just to wither and die.
    Social feeds on OS7 was just right for my needs, keeping me upto date in one pane.
    02-06-13 09:56 AM
    Yeah. I use Social Feeds religiously.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 10:03 AM
    On a similar note I'd like to see a dedicated podcast app... I'm not sure if there is one (yet) but it would be a welcome addition.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-06-13 10:09 AM
    I got to say, I never thought I would use Social Feeds as much as I did, but one day it just grew on me, and we have been friends ever since.
    Looks like the BB10 software has a way to go before it can cope with multiple media feeds in a way that some of us require.
    02-06-13 10:10 AM
    I too have some disappointments even though I'm in love.

I don't understand why BB abandoned so many things that we've come to love about the BB experience that was so innate to the environment if not exclusive.
    1. - Blackberry Link not syncing with Outlook, or CSV files or whatever other offline method is a huge issue for me. I initially thought that this was due to reasons that BB is making a move push the work flow to the "cloud" however, that would mean that mean that it's an even more baffling move to exclude offline syncing because the only source of cloud back up (that I'm aware of) that is BB based would be Blackberry Protect and guess what? They removed backing up and restoring contacts from that feature. WTH ?????? Yeah yeah, I know that a great number of BB users are business users and, as such, have moved to the cloud, but what does leaving the option of off line syncing cost BB?

2 - Removing profiles is one thing but why can't we assign alert tones to emails? I can't see the LED light when the device is in the holster at my hip and I certainly can't hear it?

3 - I so miss the touch and hold words and links to reveal more options such as "open in new window".

4 - I also miss the ability to vertically move the trays to reveal as much as the wall paper as I wanted.

5 - Who knew that the "trackpad" yes the trackpad was so functional even with a touchscreen? I loved "mousing over say an email spam and pressing the menu key to allow allow me to delete note without ever opening it.

That said, I'm sure that BB will either correct most those issues with later updates or I will get used to it quick.
    03-14-13 10:29 PM
    2) I find word substitution doesn't work when i am texting - it works well in bbm , facebook , twitter but don't know why not when using text
    Strange. It works perfectly fine for me. I happened to have added a couple entries for word substitution (btw for by the way, with a comma & abt for about, and tested it in Text Messages. It works. Also works in WhatsApp, and Email.
    03-14-13 10:35 PM
    5 - Who knew that the "trackpad" yes the trackpad was so functional even with a touchscreen? I loved "mousing over say an email spam and pressing the menu key to allow allow me to delete note without ever opening it.
    Long presa on email in hub and press delete.
    Also, on the cloud/sync issues. Open an account with Gmail or outlook.com or something and manage your contacts there. So much easier to import, edit, etc... then, regardless of what phone or platform you use, just add the account and sync the data. honestly, I am shocked by how many people complain about syncing from Outlook or csv or some older BlackBerry. I'm not defending BlackBerry for not supporting this function, I'm just surprised by how many people are affected by this omission.

Posted via CB10
    T_Touch likes this.
    03-14-13 10:59 PM
    Long presa on email in hub and press delete.
    Also, on the cloud/sync issues. Open an account with Gmail or outlook.com or something and manage your contacts there. So much easier to import, edit, etc... then, regardless of what phone or platform you use, just add the account and sync the data. honestly, I am shocked by how many people complain about syncing from Outlook or csv or some older BlackBerry. I'm not defending BlackBerry for not supporting this function, I'm just surprised by how many people are affected by this omission.

Posted via CB10
    thanks for the long press info.

The syncing with gmail for me wasn't so easy. When I tried, I received an error message from "active sync" or something like that saying they weren't able to link at that time. so I went from outlook to CSV to gmail contacts then from there I was able to merge duplicates then I was somehome able to get that contact list on to my phone but no phone numbers were associated with my contacts.

I just wish I was about to simply sync with outlook. I'd rather not go through google at all
    03-14-13 11:06 PM
    #3 I use a flip case and have swipe up to wake disabled. When ever I open the flip case door the magnet wakes up my Zed no need to push button or swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:20 PM
    The Hub is basically your social feeds. Kinda the point of having the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:27 PM
    I can see that, but what about creating a RSS feed app.
    03-14-13 11:52 PM
    I can see that, but what about creating a RSS feed app.
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for but there is a free one in BlackBerry World called RSS Feeds

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:56 PM