I've upgraded from the pearl 8130 which has an OS which begins with the numeral 4, so neither of the device transfer options work for me.
    That's OKAY, I can live with that. I'll just have to enter everyone's contact info manually.
    But nothing from my Facebook, linked in, or two Gmail accounts?
    The accounts are there...the hub is working great, but the contact list is a ghost town.

Thoughts?

Blue quill
    02-05-13 03:23 PM
    I have the same issue. honestly i am !@#@!#!. I regret spending $140 on this phone and BASIC and I mean BASIC thing like contacts do not get transferred. This is bull**** imo. I use my phone for work and I do not have my contacts on new phone now. I am this close to return this crap back to the store and get myself android phone for $0 dollars. I am so royally disappointed with blackberry. This is not funny. How could blackberry screw simple thing like that is beyond me. I cannot access my messages on playbook either. Old phone worked better with playbook than this new Z10. crap.
    02-05-13 03:33 PM
    I've upgraded from the pearl 8130 which has an OS which begins with the numeral 4, so neither of the device transfer options work for me.
    That's OKAY, I can live with that. I'll just have to enter everyone's contact info manually.
    But nothing from my Facebook, linked in, or two Gmail accounts?
    The accounts are there...the hub is working great, but the contact list is a ghost town.

Thoughts?

Blue quill
    I was having a problem like this and it was deeply uncool but I have gotten it sorted. I don't know which of the things I did finally made it work properly, but here's two things that might help you.

You need to be sure that you are adding the account that your BB contacts were synched to. Go back to your old device, look up a contact in the address book and it should tell you which contact list is was attached to. Make sure that its that account that you are adding. An additional problem I was having was that I was trying to make it sync for my gmail that I currently use but my 9800 contacts were in fact synced to an older gmail that I never use nowerdays.

You want to remove the 'contacts' for that account, but not calender or email (they should be visible as separate things for gmail accounts). So remove only contacts. Then add that account again. When you get the thing that says 'sync email', 'sync contacts', 'sync calender', move the slider for contacts to no, then back to yes (probably doesn't make a difference, but it is what I did). Then add it. It should tell you its adding contacts, then say that contacts were added and email and calendar were already there.

Now, on day 1 even though I had hooked up both of those accounts, my contacts weren't syncing, but when deleted and re-added that contact account today they pulled down fine. So give it a go and let us know how you get on.
    02-05-13 03:41 PM
    What fixed mine was making sure that one of my email accounts had sync contacts on. It meant I had to delete my gmail account and re add it but that took all of 2 minutes. Then ran the BBlink again and all the contacts were there.

good luck!
    02-05-13 03:46 PM
    Well, I tried all those things, and nothing happened.
    So, I set about adding my phone contacts one at a time.
    Interestingly, every time I add a contact who is a Facebook or linkedin
    Friend, that info pops up on the contact list as if by magic.
    But I have to add the name first...weird.
    02-05-13 08:37 PM
    I had that issue once, turns out it was that on my google contacts i had those contacts into separate groups what i had to do it was got to google contacts on a computer and move all the contacts to the my contacts group there, after all of them synced back to the phone
    02-05-13 08:40 PM
    If your contacts are synced to your gmail account, you have make sure you add the gmail account as an active sync account. Don't use the "Gmail" option that is offered as that will set it up as an IMAP account, and your contacts wont pull in. When you add the account go to the borttom and hit advanced, and then choose an Activesync type account from the option.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-06-13 02:34 AM
    Magic?
    Brownies, elves, or other creatures of faerie?

Last night I turned off my phone and went to sleep.
    This morning I wake to find my contact list fully populated from every possible source.

Don't know how.
    Don't know why.
    Sometime I'll figure it out.
    But right now, I'm rejoicing!
    02-06-13 05:52 AM
    i guess that's why PATIENCE has always been seen as a virtue
    02-06-13 06:07 AM
    Magic?
    Brownies, elves, or other creatures of faerie?

Last night I turned off my phone and went to sleep.
    This morning I wake to find my contact list fully populated from every possible source.

Don't know how.
    Don't know why.
    Sometime I'll figure it out.
    But right now, I'm rejoicing!
    Yeah mine took quite some time to populate too. Was slightly frustrating, but it sorted itself out. At the time, my contact list was completely empty (Not even facebook or twitter.) and then, boom, everything was there.
    02-06-13 06:45 AM
    I had the same issue with mine. It wouldn't transfer contacts who didn't have facebook or email addresses (i.e only had their phone numbers).
    So I emailed each individual vCard to myself and opened those emails on the Z10. Once you receive the vCard email you only have to open the file/attachment and tap save. While not an ideal solution, it saves time from typing in all the phone numbers manually. I did this for about 50 contacts, it took about 15 minutes.
    02-06-13 07:32 AM