It's pretty great size and feel and I like the active notifications. I'm in contract but have a phone addiction and generally trade or sell/ buy about every 3-4 months.

Anyone have any experience with this phone. The z30 just felt so bulky when tethered to the store shelf

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:17 PM
    It's pretty great size and feel and I like the active notifications. I'm in contract but have a phone addiction and generally trade or sell/ buy about every 3-4 months.

Anyone have any experience with this phone. The z30 just felt so bulky when tethered to the store shelf

Posted via CB10
    Which phone are you talking about Moto X or Z30?
    southlander likes this.
    12-19-13 07:24 PM
    The moto x. Love the size and shape. I think it's the best hardware since I had an HTC one s in micro arc anodized aluminum.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:25 PM
    Why not try it out before buying it?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:48 PM
    Someone I work with got a moto x and she hates it

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:50 PM
    Someone I work with got a moto x and she hates it

Posted via CB10
    What was she using previously? And why does she hate it?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:58 PM
    Why not try it out before buying it?

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm in contract and trying to finagle a deal where I use my gf's early upgrade to edge then switch lines so I'm not sure if I would have a trial period or not

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:59 PM
    I have a few friends on the Motorola x that have given it great reviews. It seems like it's a pretty good size but I'm more about the screen real estate and the z30 (I think) feels right. Really the only thing I don't like is the painted silver. It should have been aluminum.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:04 PM
    The Moto X is a really well-constructed phone. The thing I liked most about it is that it packs a 4.7 inch screen without seeming bulky at all. Also liked that Moto sidestepped the spec wars on this one, going for functionality instead.

Privacywise, it is kinda creepy, but it is good engineering.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    12-19-13 09:06 PM
    Here I thought I was in the z10 forum...

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    jhormann and homer1475 like this.
    12-19-13 09:24 PM
    What was she using previously? And why does she hate it?

Posted via CB10
    Switched from iPhone. And I dunno really why we didn't go into a in depth conversation. I asked how she like it she said I don't I hate it. Then someone walked in the room and started talking business. I'll ask her tomorrow when I see her.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:10 PM
    I got a Moto X to replace my Z10 and guess what..... my Moto X is going back to Motorola tomorrow.

Beautiful hardware but an ugly OS.

Love the hub but Moto x hardware...-img_00000996.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:21 PM
    Here I thought I was in the z10 forum...

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    This is a Z10 forum yes. I have been using the z10 for the last four months. That's why this is a perfect place to ask questions about another phone and comparisons.

Motorola has made some excellent hardware like the razr m which I had when I first came back to verizon. But that phone was simply too buggy and unusable to keep. Since then I've had a lumia 822, gs3, HTC 8x, and the z10. This spans only 9 months.

So anyway, I like to try new tech without spending on it and this seemed like a good place to ask the question considering that we all have half of the comparison

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:30 AM
    I got a Moto X to replace my Z10 and guess what..... my Moto X is going back to Motorola tomorrow.

Beautiful hardware but an ugly OS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000996.jpg 
Views:	1334 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	231720

Posted via CB10
    The is is a mess after using BlackBerry 10 I agree. More than likely I'll end up with a z30 for that reason

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:31 AM
    I just started using a Moto X and have to say that I'm surprised that I actually like this phone. It's still showing me new things so I'm sure that I don't know much about it yet, but the active notifications are helpful. As you go through your life's activities, it makes suggestions based on what it thinks would be helpful to you.

I don't know what specific things you are looking for about the Moto X. I haven't used a Z30 outside of the store's demo model, but I have used a Z10. Most of my Z10 usage was early on. I just got another one the same day that I got the Moto X, so I only have a few days' experience with both phones.
    12-23-13 08:55 AM
    I just started using a Moto X and have to say that I'm surprised that I actually like this phone. It's still showing me new things so I'm sure that I don't know much about it yet, but the active notifications are helpful. As you go through your life's activities, it makes suggestions based on what it thinks would be helpful to you.

I don't know what specific things you are looking for about the Moto X. I haven't used a Z30 outside of the store's demo model, but I have used a Z10. Most of my Z10 usage was early on. I just got another one the same day that I got the Moto X, so I only have a few days' experience with both phones.
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind the size of the z10 but I feel like or could get more screen real estate out of the size. The fact that the moto x is 4.7 inches in that format factor is a draw. I also think Google voice recognition is unmatched. Motorolas assist options would help me as I commute long distances during the week and the active notifications look interesting.

However the rest of android on is a mess and unorganized. Bb10 is fluid and natural and the hub is a organizational godsend. Android stock email is BEYOND Horrible and ithe app for outlook.com was only serviceable last time I used it.

Anyways thanks for the info, every bit helps a lot

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind the size of the z10 but I feel like or could get more screen real estate out of the size. The fact that the moto x is 4.7 inches in that format factor is a draw. I also think Google voice recognition is unmatched. Motorolas assist options would help me as I commute long distances during the week and the active notifications look interesting.

However the rest of android on is a mess and unorganized. Bb10 is fluid and natural and the hub is a organizational godsend. Android stock email is BEYOND Horrible and ithe app for outlook.com was only serviceable last time I used it.

Anyways thanks for the info, every bit helps a lot

Posted via CB10
    If you are a tech-addicted, feel free to try the moto, it's a good phone with original android, which is worth a lot if you like updates and hate special ui "addons". I was like you until I didn't have the time to learn new oses. So I went to the z30, which indeed feels bulky before you get used to. After a few days I only feel the everyday power with a lot of email accounts and apps (thanks to 10.2.1 ).

so it's your decision if you like to stay on bb10 with more power or change the game with the moto, I am sure you would like both.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:53 AM
    So I ended up trading the z10 for a DNA. Live the speed, blink feed is decent but I find myself missing the hub and the blackberry keyboard. So is the z30 in my near future? It might be.

The lumia icon has me intrigued as well but mostly for the camera and the upcoming 8.1 update. Any news on what's in the works for 10.3?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-15-14 01:41 PM