- CrackBerry User
- 11 Posts
Losing BIS Connection
For some reason if I am on WIFI for a long time and then move out of a WIFI area, my phone cannot recover to BIS. I can't even force a connection by switching on and off the data service or network connection altogether. I have to restart the device to get a BIS connection. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And is there a way to solve this without restarting the phone?
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
02-18-2013, 02:57 AM #3
- 5,170 Posts
What does the signal show when you leave the wifiPhones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S+ Z10 + Bold 9000
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-18-2013, 08:29 AM #5
- 3 Posts
Surprisingly, I'm having a similar issue but it is only slightly different.
For me, whenever I connect to WiFi my BlackBerry services disconnect. The BlackBerry logo disappears from the top and my BBM doesn't work anymore. All the other apps that need internet work fine as it uses the WiFi but that is about it. For me to regain connectivity to BBM, I have to disconnect WiFi and the logo re-appears in a bit confirming that my BBM is working again now.
I've emailed my carrier regarding the same and it will be interesting to see their reply to this but this bit of an issue has left me puzzled. Not suffering too much right now because I've got an unlimited package but there has to be a reason why the phone is doing this.
Oh and this has happened more than once, that is when I decided to contact them.
- By JeePak in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
- By pete101 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 0Last Post: 07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
- By pete101 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
- By Laurlaur576 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 04-12-2008, 02:35 AM
- By patrick.waugh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM