Ok I am new to the Z10 coming from the 9860 and was wondering if anyone knows how to reboot/restart the phone without using/pressing the top button. In my old 9860 I used to use QuickPull all the time after clearing the cache and it made a huge difference. On my playbook it was easy to press the soft icon key for restart. Any touchscreen solutions for restarting the Z10? Thanks in advance. Rets.
    03-18-13 06:29 PM
    I think that you can only reboot if using the button on top
    Just hold for few seconds then press the restart button

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:31 PM
    Hold down sleep button on top and tap restart.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:34 PM
    Ok I am new to the Z10 coming from the 9860 and was wondering if anyone knows how to reboot/restart the phone without using/pressing the top button. In my old 9860 I used to use QuickPull all the time after clearing the cache and it made a huge difference. On my playbook it was easy to press the soft icon key for restart. Any touchscreen solutions for restarting the Z10? Thanks in advance. Rets.
    Why do you need to restart the phone without the top button?
    03-18-13 06:39 PM
    I think your misinformed the playbook and Z10 are a completely different platform than the legacy bbos 4 though 7 and no not requre battery pulls.
    03-18-13 06:49 PM
    I think your misinformed the playbook and Z10 are a completely different platform than the legacy bbos 4 though 7 and no not requre battery pulls.
    But you can soft restart on the PlayBook easily which is what I think he was referring to rather then the need to battery pull

Also there will be times when battery pull is required on the z10 and PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:52 PM
    There is no softkey to reboot for BlackBerry Z10. It is unnecessary.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-18-13 06:55 PM
    good luck pulling the play books battery! I'd like to see that tutorial!

CB10 App, Z10
    dracolnyte and 00stryder like this.
    03-18-13 06:55 PM
    Hi
    I have a somewhat related question.. I have my Z10 to lock 5 min after sleep. Is there a way to lock instantly? If I remember my 9900 had a lock icon you touched to lock. Sometimes I don't want to wait the 5 min to lock.
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:58 PM
    But you can soft restart on the PlayBook easily which is what I think he was referring to rather then the need to battery pull

Also there will be times when battery pull is required on the z10 and PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    When is it required to pull the battery? I've had my Z10 since Feb 6 and never would I pull the battery. I bet I haven't even restarted the phone 3 times. I don't know of a situation where you would gave to pull the battery, there is a way to force close apps.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-18-13 07:03 PM
    When is it required to pull the battery? I've had my Z10 since Feb 6 and never would I pull the battery. I bet I haven't even restarted the phone 3 times. I don't know of a situation where you would gave to pull the battery, there is a way to force close apps.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    Before the update I had to do a battery-pull when it locked up exiting the 'bedside mode' . OK after the update.

@keith1000 just press the top button to put the phone to sleep/lock, or get the flip case and it locks when you close it, like the old holster mode. If you don't want to accidentally unlock you can disable the swipe to unlock in settings and then have to use the top button to wake the phone too.
    Lieuandy likes this.
    03-18-13 07:13 PM
    There is no need to reboot the z10 like you had with the older BlackBerry phones.

The z10 is much more smarter and efficient phone running a very efficient OS.

Like I said you don't need to reboot or pull the battery anymore. I haven't in the 3 weeks I've had my z10 seen any sort of slowdown or lagging.

But if u need to reboot then hold the top button down and it will give you the option to reboot.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 07:18 PM
    Before the update I had to do a battery-pull when it locked up exiting the 'bedside mode' . OK after the update.

@keith1000 just press the top button to put the phone to sleep/lock, or get the flip case and it locks when you close it, like the old holster mode. If you don't want to accidentally unlock you can disable the swipe to unlock in settings and then have to use the top button to wake the phone too.
    Thx for the lock answer. Although a lock icon /app would be easier

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:09 PM
    Hi
    I have a somewhat related question.. I have my Z10 to lock 5 min after sleep. Is there a way to lock instantly? If I remember my 9900 had a lock icon you touched to lock. Sometimes I don't want to wait the 5 min to lock.
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings -> Security and Privacy -> Device Password -> Lock Device After
    And you can set the minimum to 1 minute. 1 Min should be fine for most cases. Even if you somehow dropped it or lose it right after you go away from your phone. Chances are, it'll be >1 minute before someone else finds it.
    If you must lock it immediately, hold the top power button for about 1-2 seconds, a screen should pop up showing a countdown. Before it counts to 0, let go and you will see an option to lock the phone at the bottom.
    03-18-13 08:15 PM
    Can someone confirm that rebooting the phone by pressing the top button is effectively equivalent to a battery pull as far as allocating memory goes? Even the Playbook has a 3-button reset option that is different than simply rebooting the OS.
    03-20-13 02:43 PM