Hello everyone.

As the title states long time android user (v1.5) and got my z10 on lunch date. I was looking for change and I felt the z10 was a good choice. This isn't a bashing thread about me wanting to take the z10 back or anything this is just my thoughts that I hope in time Blackberry will fix and feel they should have been in the software from day one. I will be keeping my z10 in hopes it gets better.

I love a lot about it for me everything has just worked, as long as its a native app. Android ports tend to crash or seem glitchy although I had good results with my bank's android app so that was a good thing.

These things may have already been addressed I'm just kind of documenting things as I find them for my self and maybe others.

1) E-mail 30 day limitation. I know some of you say I dont want tons of my e-mails cluttering up and slowing my phone down, but there should be no reason you can not search for e-mails beyond that 30 day limitation on the cloud server. Hope they have this fixed. In the mean time sense I use g-mail I will try porting the gmail app from android over.

2) Mms size is limited to 100kb THIS IS NOT A CARRIER ISSUE. This is a z10 issue and it bugs me they have the UAProfile and size limit incorrectly set up. The device it self is resizing the image to ~100kb. If I can find some hidden menus hopefully this can be fixed.

3) Battery life, Waiting on update will review after the update. I have only 1 app installed and that's my banks app.

4) Camera Size can not be adjusted :S. The size is fixed I have not seen where I can make the image 8mb or smaller and every picture i have taken is ~250kb or smaller. I may have over looked this some where but this really bummed me out. I dont care about filters or anything else but I do want full sized images.

Other then these small quirks I love it and hope for the best for Blackberry.

Now if anyone know's any dialer codes besides *#06# that would be great
    digitalman101 likes this.
    04-02-13 12:41 PM
    hopefully some of those get fixed up in the next update as its rumored. thanks for the review!
    04-02-13 12:48 PM
    I can't begin to describe how much #2 bugs me.. what is the point of having a SMARTphone and taking nice photos if sharing them will greatly hinder their quality..

I can't wait til I can send high quality photos.. it's quiet annoying.. OP please tell me if you find a fix
    04-02-13 12:51 PM
    Yes these issues have been addressed many times. Thanks for the review and good on you for not running to return the phone. I am sure BBRY will fix the issues.
    04-02-13 12:52 PM
    I find none of these big issues to return a phone. Honestly it's a new OS what can people expect when they buy it. I mean i've done it with Android, webOS, Apple, and now Blackberry. I have no reason to jump ship I know new updates will bring fix's and changes. I just hope Verizon wont take there sweet time "Evaluating" the OS updates as they normally do. From my past experiences with blackberry though is I could load some other carriers OS on the device if I really wanted to.

Right now i'm looking for the hidden functions to enable communications with the baseband so far have not found anything or any hidden codes to open hidden menus for that matter. Once I do ill share my findings.
    04-02-13 12:57 PM
    Good points thanks. I have used a multitude of android devices and the Z10 is a breath of fresh air!

I just checked my camera pics and they are about 1MB. My battery life is also very close to my old Droid DNA.
    04-02-13 12:57 PM
    Thanks for letting me know your image mb, later today I will go out side and find a spot I can take some photos to compare with that have a lot of detail. If i can't break the 500kb then ill see if there is another camera app I can test with.
    04-02-13 01:00 PM
    I think the most impressive part about the Z10 when you switch from Android is just how easily the UI becomes second nature. It could be a little faster, but I'm okay with the choices they made on the hardware side. That said, there's going to be more efficient processors they'll use down the line that will absolutely put the S4 Dual Core to shame and make BB10 move extremely fast. I honestly think I'd have a hard time switching back to Android at this point for the pure fact that I like navigating this OS a **** of a lot better.
    04-02-13 01:12 PM