LIke many others, I have had issues with my contacts.

The main issue is that even though I turn off fb, twitter, linkedin contacs "off" through the settings in contacts, they still manage to come back somehow. However, it looks like I know one of the reasons why now.

Someone on this forum mentioned "long closing" (I think that's what it was called). It's when you close the open application by holding the "x" down for longer than just tapping to close. I was under the impression that long closing closes the application more "fully". However, if you use the long closing method after having turned off the fb, twitter and linkedin contacts through the settings in contacts, this change will not stick. Try making this change using both the tap x to close and the long close technique, and you will see what I am talking about.

The other issue is that although I now know how to make the change to contacts "stick", this change does not take effect in the contacts in the phone app. That is, even though my fb, twitter and linkedin contacts are hidden from my contacts, they still appear when I press contacts in the phone app. Has anyone else found this?
    04-22-13 11:05 AM
    The other issue is that although I now know how to make the change to contacts "stick", this change does not take effect in the contacts in the phone app. That is, even though my fb, twitter and linkedin contacts are hidden from my contacts, they still appear when I press contacts in the phone app. Has anyone else found this?
    Do you mean .... you still see all of the social media contacts..........?????

Or do you mean ...... if you open a specific contact that is also on a social media account (FB, twitter, Linkedin, BBM) you can also see some of the social media info when you open the specific contact?????

OH ... FYI ...... when you restart or reboot your phone ... all of your social media accounts come back viewable, I guess it is a default. Anytime you do a restart/reboot you have to back and turn those off if you don't want to view them.
    04-22-13 11:34 AM
    Do you mean .... you still see all of the social media contacts..........?????

Or do you mean ...... if you open a specific contact that is also on a social media account (FB, twitter, Linkedin, BBM) you can also see some of the social media info when you open the specific contact?????

OH ... FYI ...... when you restart or reboot your phone ... all of your social media accounts come back viewable, I guess it is a default. Anytime you do a restart/reboot you have to back and turn those off if you don't want to view them.
    Yes, I mean that i still see my social media contacts in the phone app's contacts.
    04-22-13 11:58 AM
    Same issue and it's sooooooo annoying...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:06 PM
    Yeah it sucks. I hope a fix comes.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:30 PM
    Someone on this forum mentioned "long closing" (I think that's what it was called). It's when you close the open application by holding the "x" down for longer than just tapping to close. I was under the impression that long closing closes the application more "fully".
    Tosh and piffle...
    04-22-13 12:30 PM
    Tosh and piffle...
    what?
    04-22-13 01:05 PM
    I messed around with it for a long time.. Settings includes your contacts. I eventually just restored an older backup of my settings, all is good now.

I'm under the impression it has to do with corruption of contacts settings, so the changes don't persist after closing the app. (After every reboot or force close)
    04-22-13 02:08 PM