Does anyone think the London or other BB10 phones will have NFC? Personally, I don't see a reason to include it because NFC is still 5 years or so away from substantial adoption to implement it in phones. I'm curious because I am baffled why RIM put NFC in OS7 phones, especially the 9900, and not include an autofocus camera.
    04-29-12 10:52 PM
    Two things:
    1. NFC isn't five years away. I'm starting to see it used in office buildings.
    2. RIM will include it, they've already put it on OS 7 phones.
    04-29-12 11:02 PM
    RIM has plans for NFC that don't include payment. Do a search for Blackberry Tag and read up on some of them. Also research the QNX Porsche to see some other applications.
    04-30-12 09:43 AM
    Yepp. RIM has Blackberry Tag. And what better way to implement NFC with a brand new OS on a brand new platform?

Adoption rate would be through the roof and they'd have concrete numbers of who actually has it. Something they're planning on selling in large numbers.

I hope they have it. I'd rather have NFC than not have it on a phone. Google's been pushing NFC also.
    04-30-12 11:10 AM
    With the exception of the extra cheap 9220/9320, the odds are that NFC will be a standard part of every new blackberry from now on in just the same way as wifi, bt etc.
    05-01-12 04:11 PM
    It's going to be on there.
    05-23-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD