hahahahaha, I own both iPhone and Z10 and as I bet on myself, iOS 7.1 is available BEFORE AT&T 10.2.1, guess what?

what a joke! I am a BB loyalist since Bold 9700, never own an iPhone until last year because I was sick of BB. Got Z10 due to AT&T promo of $100 old smartphone trade in, so I trade in all my old BB for a Z10, and now Z10 still lacks behind.

I love Z10, no doubt, the best BB, but with their lack of SW update, I think I am done.

OMG!! for sure, Z10 is my last BB phone ever.

Newest and latest OS is my thing, I even sold my Tab 2 10.1 and get Nexus 7 because I can not stand on Samsung lack of SW update as well.

anyway, don't tell me to get Sachesi and such, because I only do official OS.
    03-10-14 01:52 PM
    With 600+ posts on CrackBerry alone 800+ total, assuming some of which are on iMore, I assume you know that AT&T has nothing to do with iOS 7.1's release, right?
    03-10-14 01:57 PM
    This is not BlackBerry's fault, it's the carrier's. The 10.2.1 OS upgrade was ready at the end of January 2014 - blame AT&T for not releasing it.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-10-14 01:58 PM
    Meh, BlackBerry 10.2.1 is awesome, to bad your carriers won't push it to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 01:59 PM
    Unlike iOS, unfortunately BB depends on carriers to release/approve their OS updates.

So a more logical sentiment in your scenario would be:
    OMG!! for sure, Z10 is my last BB AT&T phone ever.
    03-10-14 02:00 PM
    yes, I know that BBRY has nothing to do with 10.2.1, it's AT&T, but it shows that BBRY is on the 3rd tier of support, after iOS and Android.

I bet that it will be another month before 10.2.1 is available, after all the AT&T Android phones are updated to 4.4.2 Kit Kat, then it's Z10 and Q10 turn.

What a joke!!!

anyway, this shows the homework that CEO Mr Chen needs to do to get BBRY back on track! BB10 is a superior OS in any way than Android, but if things are like this, even a loyal customer would go away due to lack of support... like myself, for sure, Z10 is my last BBRY phone, too bad, even T Mobile last BBRY promo shows 94% turn over from BB to other platform, probably one of the reasons is due to lack of support.
    03-10-14 02:06 PM
    Get a leak and stop worrying about bs that AT&T is doing. And a true loyalist would abandon their provider before their devices.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    03-10-14 02:19 PM
    You don't sound very loyal in your post but then again who knows lol SO...........
    Just got an update to my Z30 on Rogers 10.2.1.2102 I had to
    bungaboy and curvezzz like this.
    03-10-14 02:57 PM
    Spend the few dollars to unlock phone and all is solved. I'm unlocked on at&t and update pushed thru without insertion of a different carrier sim. Some people are stuck and some people free themselves.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:13 PM
    I'd rather have the choice to update on my own instead of waiting on carriers. Good luck to whatever phone you choose.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:16 PM
    my Z10 is already unlocked but because it's an unlocked carrier branded BBRY vs a factory unlocked, so it follows AT&T schedule, not BBRY schedule...

factory unlocked WILL get update straight from BBRY regardless of the sim you use, unlocked carrier branded does not

only if you know the difference between unlocked carrier branded vs factory unlocked phones...

the only option to get OS update using unlocked carrier branded is by using another SIM card (i.e Rogers, Telus, etc), but I do not want to spend $ on what it is free (unless someone gives me the sim card)

Spend the few dollars to unlock phone and all is solved. I'm unlocked on at&t and update pushed thru without insertion of a different carrier sim. Some people are stuck and some people free themselves.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:28 PM
    hahahahaha, I own both iPhone and Z10 and as I bet on myself, iOS 7.1 is available BEFORE AT&T 10.2.1, guess what?

what a joke! I am a BB loyalist since Bold 9700, never own an iPhone until last year because I was sick of BB. Got Z10 due to AT&T promo of $100 old smartphone trade in, so I trade in all my old BB for a Z10, and now Z10 still lacks behind.

I love Z10, no doubt, the best BB, but with their lack of SW update, I think I am done.

Newest and latest OS is my thing, I even sold my Tab 2 10.1 and get Nexus 7 because I can not stand on Samsung lack of SW update as well.

I'm sorry to read that. But there are a few mistakes of your thinking.

It's not BlackBerry's fault, you definitely need to blame your carrier. I ask you: Does the fact that you didn't recieve an update - from your carrier - change anything what BlackBerry gives you concerned to the OS/a good phone?

Ask yourself if that happened with apple. Would you react the same way? I bet not. One reason i see there: BlackBerry doesn't sell a "phone-religion" to customers, (Applemania) but it sells phones.
    Apples only strength is: Doing marketing.

So: Akso yourself another question.

What do YOU want? 1: A phone what provides efficiency, or 2: A phone what everyone finds cool (the reason is unclear in this point)?

If you want no.1: In your case blame the carrier, change your carrier instead of the phone. if no2: Happy new iPhone and be happy with wall hugging!!!

I can say: I currently have an iPhone and I'm so unhappy. Charging it more than twice a day is quite annoying. travelling with the need of this phone is like an adrenaline kick, any second where the airplane mode is turned off is a torture. Also its slow. if i need a translation: unlocking it : 2 seconds are gone -> opening the dictionary 2 seconds, typing is really slow!! the letters need ages to be recognised from the phone!
    To make it short: It's slow, it's too coloury,

The iPhone is just not made for using, its for showing off: LOOOCCKK, I HAVE AN iPHONE!! It has great build quality but the OS is really not efficient. It's getting frustrating.

Android: heheheheheheheheh!! If 1.000.000 people believe in a lie doesn't turn the lie into a thuth.
    Last edited by muindor; 03-10-14 at 04:08 PM.
    03-10-14 03:56 PM
    lol, if you read my post properly, I never pit iPhone vs Z10. in my opinion, BB10 is a superior OS vs iOS and Android, but the lack of software update makes the phone fell behind.

this makes users feel like they are using ancient SW, especially when other users around the world can have latest OS while I can NOT. Other users can get latest Doc to Go, BB weather, etc, and me???? I m still using Doc To Go that I can not update because of the OS. Now ppl can attach their doc to Dropbox and One Drive with latest Doc to Go, but I can not. in iOS, everyone gets their update simultaneously

that is why I think part of the reasons why users are leaving BBRY, due to lack of support while other OS advances, BBRY stands still.

In Samsung case, some old Android are not updated because Samsung wants you to buy newest gadget to get the latest OS. It's business strategy. Cool, that's OK. But even if you buy the latest BBRY gadget, you are still behind in OS update because of this un uniform SW distribution.

If BBRY wants to get back to the OS race, the first thing they need to fix is this. Even Windows Mobile now has uniform SW update.

Again, please do not tell me to do leak, Sachesi, or whatever method you use. Leak is the unofficial way to get update. Do you think most BBRY users will go leak? I can bet 95% BBRY users do not update their OS using leak. Think again. Users want convenience and convenience is by OTA update, not leak!!!

I'm sorry to read that. But there are a few mistakes of your thinking.

It's not BlackBerry's fault, you definitely need to blame your carrier. I ask you: Does the fact that you didn't recieve an update - from your carrier - change anything what BlackBerry gives you concerned to the OS/a good phone?

Ask yourself if that happened with apple. Would you react the same way? I bet not. One reason i see there: BlackBerry doesn't sell a "phone-religion" to customers, (Applemania) but it sells phones.
    Apples only strength is: Doing marketing.

So: Akso yourself another question.

What do YOU want? 1: A phone what provides efficiency, or 2: A phone what everyone finds cool (the reason is unclear in this point)?

If you want no.1: In your case blame the carrier, change your carrier instead of the phone. if no2: Happy new iPhone and be happy with wall hugging!!!

I can say: I currently have an iPhone and I'm so unhappy. Charging it more than twice a day is quite annoying. travelling with the need of this phone is like an adrenaline kick, any second where the airplane mode is turned off is a torture. Also its slow. if i need a translation: unlocking it : 2 seconds are gone -> opening the dictionary 2 seconds, typing is really slow!! the letters need ages to be recognised from the phone!
    To make it short: It's slow, it's too coloury,

The iPhone is just not made for using, its for showing off: LOOOCCKK, I HAVE AN iPHONE!! It has great build quality but the OS is really not efficient. It's getting frustrating.

Android: heheheheheheheheh!! If 1.000.000 people believe in a lie doesn't turn the lie into a thuth.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    03-10-14 04:35 PM
    This is not BlackBerry's fault, it's the carrier's. The 10.2.1 OS upgrade was ready at the end of January 2014 - blame AT&T for not releasing it.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    If RIM would have had some foresight and the kahuna's to demand this when they had leverage like Steve Jobs did, this wouldn't be a problem, but they rather meekly let the carriers make all the rules.
    03-10-14 04:40 PM
    I'll send you a Bell micro-sim if you pay me the shipping
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    03-10-14 04:43 PM
    I love my BlackBerry, but...
    I am the biggest fan of BlackBerry, but...
    I have had ___ devices for X amount of years, but...
    BlackBerry is going under..

Where do I start? So many wonderful choices to start my trolling....I mean rant....
    03-10-14 04:46 PM
    I can't wait for the closure of this thread.
    I bet that English is well enough for you.
    03-10-14 04:49 PM
    Boring thread. Did not Read.

Posted Via my second Z10
    03-10-14 05:02 PM
    It's threads like this that keep me off the forums lately. This thread contributes less than nothing to the community.

Who give a crap that you don't like BlackBerry's updates? Show of hands. YOU. We could care less that you're lazy and expect the update to come to your dinner plate. Put some elbow grease into it if you're so angry, or sell the phone and move on with your life. Your opinion is welcome, but was it really required to start a brand new thread? And your attitude, how many times do you have to say "what a joke" before you stop? Seriously, what a joke.

See what I did there?
    03-10-14 05:10 PM
    The OP was trying to make a point about the lack of product support here in the USA.

Don't blame it all on the carriers, blackberry along with the carriers signed those product agreements!!! Blackberry is just as much to blame as the carriers.

Who ends up on the short end of the stick after the political BS, us the consumer. I haven't heard one dam thing from anybody at Blackberry to address the carrier and product support issues us loyal users are facing in the USA?????

Sent from using CB Forum App
    03-10-14 05:13 PM
    [WARN]OK, let's quit with the bickering. Now, please.

If anyone want to continue discussing how the OS's are updated, who's fault it is -- fine.

But don't insult each other or use those thinly-masked bad words. (These posts have been deleted.)[/WARN]
    03-10-14 05:24 PM
    exactly, precisely at least one person here gets my point.

It's BBRY fault as well. Why can't they push their own update? That practice is now over, with Apple and MSFT is doing their own update now, BBRY should too.

And I do not know why all the other users are defending BBRY like their own children, it's clearly their fault too. I own all 3 OSs and when it comes to updates, BBRY sucks the worst, like I said previously, even if you buy the latest BBRY phones, you are still not getting the latest OS. with other OEMs, they update it, or if not, they force you to buy the latest gadgets, so the choice is in consumer hands, but in BBRY case, nope, nada, not even consumers can do anything about it, and that's what sucks, and make ppl leave the company when they can not even update their own SW.

How can consumers buy BBRY handsets when they know they can not get the latest update? BBRY will not move forward with this.
    The OP was trying to make a point about the lack of product support here in the USA.

Don't blame it all on the carriers, blackberry along with the carriers signed those product agreements!!! Blackberry is just as much to blame as the carriers.

Who ends up on the short end of the stick after the political BS, us the consumer. I haven't heard one dam thing from anybody at Blackberry to address the carrier and product support issues us loyal users are facing in the USA?????

Sent from using CB Forum App
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    03-10-14 05:47 PM
    my Z10 is already unlocked but because it's an unlocked carrier branded BBRY vs a factory unlocked, so it follows AT&T schedule, not BBRY schedule...

factory unlocked WILL get update straight from BBRY regardless of the sim you use, unlocked carrier branded does not

only if you know the difference between unlocked carrier branded vs factory unlocked phones...

the only option to get OS update using unlocked carrier branded is by using another SIM card (i.e Rogers, Telus, etc), but I do not want to spend $ on what it is free (unless someone gives me the sim card)
    My phone is from at&t.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:56 PM
    Still on 10.1 and love BOTH my Z10 and Q10!!!!
    Funny how when these devices first came out with only 10.0 they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    All of a sudden people are posting as if they're feature flip phones just because they do not have 10.2.1.
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Elite1, brout and jh07 like this.
    03-10-14 05:58 PM

See ya!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and AcADIeN like this.
    03-10-14 06:33 PM
96 123 ...