Can someone please tell me the difference between these terms. How do i 'unlock' the phone when the sim is inserted in z10 so as to be able to use bbm over the wifi?
    02-22-13 10:34 AM
    The difference is "Locked" works on a specific carrier and "Unlocked" works on any carrier that uses the same frequencies as the original vendor.
    02-22-13 10:45 AM
    The difference is "Locked" works on a specific carrier and "Unlocked" works on any carrier that uses the same frequencies as the original vendor.
    Thank you!! So does the Z10 (or any instrument) get locked once the sim is put in?
    02-22-13 10:54 AM
    Thank you!! So does the Z10 (or any instrument) get locked once the sim is put in?
    It arrives at the retailer locked to a carrier. You can unlock them for a fee of 45$USD, which I think is very high.
    02-22-13 10:58 AM
    You can use BBM over wifi regardless of whether it is sim locked or not. Just don't out a sim card in it. Or if you do out a sim card, just connect to wifi, since you won't get cellular data if it's locked to a different carrier.
    02-22-13 11:22 AM
    You can use BBM over wifi regardless of whether it is sim locked or not. Just don't out a sim card in it. Or if you do out a sim card, just connect to wifi, since you won't get cellular data if it's locked to a different carrier.
    I have another thread regarding the bbm being used over wifi. In UAE there is a block and once the sim is inside the phone, bbm works ONLY through the data plan. bbm stops working when wifi is on. when the sim is out, bbm works even on wifi! the dealer told me that when the sim is out the phone is unlocked so the bbm works over wifi and when the sim is put in, the phone is locked and so bbm cannot work over wifi.
    02-22-13 11:52 AM