Is anyone aware of any way to lock the Z10 without using the button? Like how you can unlock with a gesture and like how the PlayBook can lock by pressing power > standby.
    02-02-13 12:43 PM
    Not that I am aware of
    02-02-13 04:16 PM
    Not natively.. although I could see someone writing a simple app for that and then you would have an icon..

As mentioned elsewhere.. the Playbook has it, so its always possible it will appear in a point release
    02-02-13 04:17 PM
    Not natively.. although I could see someone writing a simple app for that and then you would have an icon..

As mentioned elsewhere.. the Playbook has it, so its always possible it will appear in a point release
    I suppose to be fair the PlayBook didn't have the option when it launched, it was added later.

It just seems strange to me that there is such a great way to unlock the phone but not to lock.

The inbuilt help application on BB10 says:

Lock Your Screen:
    Press the Power/Lock key on the top of your device.

To unlock the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
    02-02-13 04:37 PM
    I guess if you had a swipe option to lock it, then you could potentially lock your device without meaning to by getting a gesture wrong.. I think that would annoy people more than pressing a button once.
    02-02-13 04:39 PM
    I guess if you had a swipe option to lock it, then you could potentially lock your device without meaning to by getting a gesture wrong.. I think that would annoy people more than pressing a button once.
    I was hoping for something along get lines of having some power buttons in the quick settings menu that you access from swiping down on the main/home screen.
    02-02-13 04:46 PM
    Now THAT would be perfect.. and I bet that appears.. swipe down and select off.. Makes perfect sense, and now you've said that, it seems stupid it isnt there.
    02-02-13 04:47 PM
    Now THAT would be perfect.. and I bet that appears.. swipe down and select off.. Makes perfect sense, and now you've said that, it seems stupid it isnt there.
    Double wipe down from top bezel. Since that doesn't happen too often. I do hope in the future it can become native. Just because I'm too lazy to press a button.
    04-01-13 11:44 PM