I think it would be a good idea to be able to lock the active frames so they don't close if you don't want them to.

For example, the new Hub++ app lets you customize alerts with the LED, something I sorely miss from BBOS. Locking the active frame would allow me the keep it running so I don't risk it shutting down.

I think this could be a simple UI fix by adding a little lock icon on the left of the active frame, opposite the "X" to close it.
    03-02-13 10:06 PM
    Would make sense

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 10:08 PM
    yep.. BB10 arrange active frames according to the recentcy and I think this is wrong... we should be able to arrange the active frames according to what we need...
    03-02-13 10:41 PM
    Yep, this idea has been brought up many times in the past. I'd love to see it as well, and if I were a betting man I'd say it's coming at some point - maybe 10.1?
    03-02-13 10:43 PM
    It would be great for apps that turn into widgets , once in active frame mode.
    03-02-13 10:47 PM
    To be honest the OS is so fast on it I dont even care about pinning anything.Im just in out quick.led>hub> answer>swipe out >icon screen>lock>down boy.When I multi frame jump I go in out do what I got to do X on all frames.down boy.

The OS is quick.The hub just kills messaging and it allows for app usage with the frames but I dont really mess with apps outside transport ,browser ones when Im out and about.I take extreme care in my surroundings.

Its ridculous how fast you can navigate around the frames to recent apps makes sense to me.If I open an app it should be at the top if i frame it instead of get pushed down the list cause I pinned something at 1.But there should be an option TO makes people feel in control having the option to reject a standard meh usual placebo type sh1t for some humans..
    03-02-13 10:57 PM
    Or even minimize them but keep them active.
    03-02-13 11:13 PM
    I'm guessing this is already an API developers can implement. Nobex radio gets locked in the last position of Active Frames, so even if you open another 10 apps, the 7th app keeps closing instead, and Nobex won't stop playing.

Pinning Active Frames would be cool, but I think BB needs to be careful with that one as Active Frames can be running at full power in the background.It would be hard for a developer to judge whether or not you intend to keep the app their just for the Active Frame, or you actually want it to run fully in the background.

For that reason, I think that pressing the "pin" button to keep an Active Frame open should notify the app, and the developer can use that notification to change the app to a "low power" mode where it basically only runs the AF and nothing else in the background that isn't related.

In addition, I think they should change the number of AFs per screen to 6, and instead of having the name of the app under the AF/screenshot of the app, it should be overlayed on top to avoid wasting space (clicking the right corner to exit, and left corner to pin). I wonder if they would have to worry about patents from msft though, as that is essentially what Live Tiles look like

Live Tile (name overlayed on top of the image):

Active Frames (name wasting space under the image):

I think if they overlayed the app names, removed the bottom phone/search/camera bar from the Active Frames screen, they could fit 6 AFs/screen with only a slight decrease in their size.
    twstd.reality likes this.
    03-02-13 11:28 PM
    ^or they could just borrow the dimensions of the active frames from the Q10
    03-03-13 01:00 AM