My app is using localstorage to save username, password. This is working fine in bbz10 but when i update my app from 1.0 to 2.0 all the localstorage are deleted.

How to retain localstorage on app update?
    07-23-13 02:08 AM
    My app is using localstorage to save username, password. This is working fine in bbz10 but when i update my app from 1.0 to 2.0 all the localstorage are deleted.

How to retain localstorage on app update?
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry.
    Which app are we talking about? Maybe that would help someone to specifically help you.
    Apps write themselves to the device memory. When you update, they overwrite the data there. However, you should not have to log in again and put in your password, if that's what you mean.

Please describe exactly what happened and we will see if we can help you.
    07-23-13 05:47 AM
    My app's behavior: It use localstorage to save username and password so when i update or relaunch the app it should not prompt for username and password again, it should directly take the user to home screen. It works in android and windows.

My app has been published in appworld for os 7.x and lower, now we have created .bar for BBz10 & Tablet using blackberry's repackaging tool (here, we used android's .apk file to generate .bar file) and trying to upload this as new version in appworld.

Before i upload it to appworld, I tested it locally by updating version number in AndroidManifest file (since it is an apk) and tried to install in my phone, on doing this the already installed app(which saved some values in Localstorage) got deleted and new app has been installed and it cleared all localstorage value.

This seems like app store's behavior, where in update app store deletes the already installed file & localstorage will also be deleted.
    I wanted to know whether appworld also behaves in the same manner?

if it does so, I need to retain localstorage value. how can i do that?
    07-23-13 06:46 AM
    This seems like app store's behavior, where in update app store deletes the already installed file & localstorage will also be deleted.
    I wanted to know whether appworld also behaves in the same manner?
    Apps updated through BlackBerry World work fine, at least for databases (the databases are not overwritten on upgrade).

For Android ports reinstalled from Eclipse plug-in I have had the same problem as you (the database gets overwritten ), and I could not find a solution for it till now.

But BlackBerry World updates work fine.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-23-13 06:55 AM
    @serbanescu: Thanks for the reply.

You might be having your first version of your app and later you would have uploaded new version in app world in order to check storage persistence but in my case i don't have previous version of my app for z10 in app world, in that case how can i test this scenario, that is how can i test whether localstorage is persisted or not.
    07-23-13 08:21 AM