The only contact lists I use on my device are Exchange and BBM, yet it seems that if I add contacts by clicking on the message list and using the "add to contacts" feature, they appear in my Exchange contact list - AND my local contact list, which doesn't even show up as a grouped contact list...ie; "Local Contacts". So, what I end up with, are duplicates that will show up in Exchange and the Local contacts, but I can't even tell which is which, as they are identical, and the two appear one above the other in the "all" contacts list.

Lame - real lame and a bug I'm sure that will take years for BlackBerry to address.

1) I should NOT even have a Local contacts list or the ability to create Local contacts...so BB needs to offer a way to remove the Local contact ability via a simple on/off radio button.

2) If BB insists in having local contacts on the device, offer us the option to group them so they can be deleted, or viewed in the Hub as Local contacts.

Wow...how dumb is this...
    06-06-13 11:06 PM
    Sorry, it does sound bad. The only thing I can help you with is telling you how to delete them all.

Settings > Accounts > 3 dots > clear local contacts
    06-06-13 11:14 PM
    Agreed...this is so annoying! I've been searching for a fix for hours...and nothing to show for it. Only solution is to manually create a new contact, copy the information, and delete the local contact. Blackberry this is not cool!
    06-10-13 09:50 PM
    The problem (as I see it) is simple ...... we don't have the ability to set a "default" contact account (like default email and default calendar).

The default for BB10 at present is to add new contacts to Local + SDCARD + any other contact account(s) set up or synced.

It can be managed but it shouldn't have to be. I keep hoping some OS update will fix this. So far not....

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:18 PM
    Hello

The problem is that every time a new contact is added from the device it is saved in every email account plus as a local contact. Then all the saved contacts are linked so at first glance there's one contact added. This is problematic for situations where the contact should be in only one email account, for example for people having an account for business and other for personal things.

My wife had this situation and the only workaround I could give her is to create 'shell' or 'empty' contacts entries so every time she needs to add a contact using the device she just edits the empty shell contact with real information. The shell contact is created directly in the email page (outlook.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com), not in the device. The shell contact will have a name like 'new yahoo 1' (or 'zznew yahoo 1' if you want to keep it all the way down in the contacts list). When the contact is edited in the device it doesn't create additional linked contacts in the other accounts. When the shell contacts run out (you can create several shell contacts) then you create a new bunch again.
    This workaround is helpful if just need adding few contacts on the device every day.

Hope it works for you
    08-12-13 04:07 PM
    The way to tell which is which is to go check where it's linked to. Then delete.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry's contacts app REALLY sucks

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:27 PM
    Needs fine tuning, but mine has been good. No duplicates here.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:30 PM
    It's really not that big of a deal when you understand how it works. If you have multiple email accts on your device that can sync OTA either by cellular or wifi then adding contacts and making sure they are assigned to the correct account is quite easy. First delink the contact from the local and unwanted accounts. You might see the contact triplicated or duplicated in the All section with each entry associated with a different account. Simply delete it from the unwanted accounts. The OTA sync will take care of the rest. The remaining contact is now associated with the correct account. Try it you will see. That's what makes BlackBerry so "magical".

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:31 PM