Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default a little hesitant about this keyboard

ok so im a Bold qwerty keyboard all the way. i just cant seem to use todays touchscreen keyboards(tried and failed many times). from what ive seen RIM might have just sold me on this phones keyboard. is there anyone else that feels this way? will this keyboard live up to the hype?
    CrackBerry Genius

I've had a chance to play with the Dev Alpha and Z10 and I was a diehard keyboard only fan, and I'm making the switch to touch screen!
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by twelvezero8 View Post
    will this keyboard live up to the hype?
    Yes, it does, I have used qwerty phones for over a decade now and have tried and dismissed no end of virtual keyboards, but I actually like this one.

I won't say that it is better than the best physical one from Rim, but I will definitely be happy to use it on the finished device.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts

I figure with this "learns how you type" deal, mine will most likely just type "F$%k, S#@t, D%&m!" all the time.
    Tim McDougald
    HayWire Racing
    Tacoma, Washington
    http://www.haywire-racing.com
    @TerribleTim68
    GoFundMe
    CrackBerry User

Never thought I would say it but after watching the videos I intend to make the switch from QWERTY to touchscreen. Never...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

By watching a few reviews and reading articles about the Z10, I haven't found one bad review about the upcoming BB10 phones' virtual keyboard. One analyst actually said that it's the best virtual keyboard in the market today, better than the iPhone 5 (link here).
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts

I tpe books and stories ans posts and journals and well, everything on a regular daily basis. I have like 200 memopad notes on my BlackBerry.
    I really like the Zed10 design, but have never been good at touch screen keyboards. I really hope that the Zed10 I will buy will be right for me...
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I love the PlayBook keyboard and BB10 will be a big improvement. I have wondered if RIM was going to be wasting valuable resources even producing a physical keyboard model. Wonder if they will go to all that expense just to have everyone fall in love with the touch experience and abandon physical forever. However, I have never been one that could type on a phone without looking like so many speak of. So for them, they might do better with physical.