After most recent OS upgrade to Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253 Link says my BlackBerry ID is not associated with a device running OS 10, so I can't use remote file access. Reloaded Link, did hard reset of Z10, no joy. Any ideas?

MDZ
    07-28-14 03:54 PM
    I got this error several times myself. I found that it came up when my Blackberry ID was entered in the phone beginning with a capital letter. I had to run a security wipe on the phone and then reenter the Blackberry I.D. with a non-cap letter. For some reason, this seems to do the trick. I do not know why. Blackberry Link does not like Blackberry I.D.'s that begin with a capital letter.

Try this and report back please!
    07-28-14 04:45 PM
    My BlackBerry ID begins with a lower case letter. I suspect it was the security wipe that solved it for you - something I'm hoping to avoid.

MDZ
    07-28-14 09:44 PM
    I haven't had this issue. Have you done a good search here? Sorry I'm no help. If you don't get any help post again to bump your message and hopefully someone will see it. There are a lot of knowledgeable, generous folks here. Good luck! I know this is frustrating. I love BlackBerry but have no trust w Link.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    07-28-14 10:23 PM
    Try logging in to the bbid site using a computer and checking everything out.
    07-28-14 11:16 PM
    Had this problem a couple times. My fix and your not going to like it. Backup, Wipe and Restore.

Will solve most of your BB10 problems. Learn how to do it well.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:28 PM
    Logging out and in to bbid on link hasn't solved it? Reboot router and pc? I had issues with earlier link, but, touch wood never had any since newer one came out

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-28-14 11:32 PM
    Unfortunately, for me, it was not the security wipe that made the phone work. I tried that first and then resetup the phone with my capital letter Blackberry I.D. Got the same error. So, wiped again and then set up my I.D. starting with a lower case letter. Then all worked fine. Also, I have duplicated this problem on the last three O.S. builds with the same result each time.

I got suspicious when I noticed that my phone always showed my Blackberry I.D. as beginning with a lower case letter even though I had loaded it with a capital letter. That is when I began experimenting with various fixes until I hit on the one that worked. So, are you sure that you did not hit a capital letter? Your phone will not give you correct information when you look up your Blackberry I.D. in settings. The phone will display a lower case letter every time.
    07-28-14 11:45 PM
    Unfortunately, for me, it was not the security wipe that made the phone work. I tried that first and then resetup the phone with my capital letter Blackberry I.D. Got the same error. So, wiped again and then set up my I.D. starting with a lower case letter. Then all worked fine. Also, I have duplicated this problem on the last three O.S. builds with the same result each time.

I got suspicious when I noticed that my phone always showed my Blackberry I.D. as beginning with a lower case letter even though I had loaded it with a capital letter. That is when I began experimenting with various fixes until I hit on the one that worked. So, are you sure that you did not hit a capital letter? Your phone will not give you correct information when you look up your Blackberry I.D. in settings. The phone will display a lower case letter every time.
    So the security wipe did work. You just had to do it twice.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:55 PM
    Can we back up our Z10 using memory card, wipe our phone, and then reload everything using the memory card?

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    07-29-14 01:50 AM
    So the security wipe did work. You just had to do it twice.

Posted via CB10
    Not just the security wipe. I had to make sure that my Blackberry I.D. was entered with a lower case letter. The security wipe was necessary to reset the phone to allow that to be done. There is no other way to properly change your Blackberry I.D.
    07-29-14 07:58 AM
    Well, not wanting to do a security wipe, I thought I'd try something really easy, based on the previous suggestions regarding the first letter not being a capital. But, I left my BlackBerry ID name as it was, all lower case, but, changed my screen name from all caps to all lower case. Presto! No other changes, no wipe - just went from all caps to all lower case on screen name - and even without restarting Link, it now recognizes the device as having an OS 10, and I can remotely access files. Just by screen name change! Thank you for pointing me in this direction!

MDZ
    Mozdony likes this.
    07-29-14 10:23 AM
    Thanks, Mozdony!

MDZ
    07-29-14 10:24 AM
    Well, not wanting to do a security wipe, I thought I'd try something really easy, based on the previous suggestions regarding the first letter not being a capital. But, I left my BlackBerry ID name as it was, all lower case, but, changed my screen name from all caps to all lower case. Presto! No other changes, no wipe - just went from all caps to all lower case on screen name - and even without restarting Link, it now recognizes the device as having an OS 10, and I can remotely access files. Just by screen name change! Thank you for pointing me in this direction!

MDZ
    Brilliant! Glad that worked for you. For some unknown reason, the O.S. is really sensitive to upper case letters where it does not want them. Seems crazy to me. Now you have given me a whole new item to play with the next time I am ready for an O.S. update and security wipe. Will I be able to enter my Blackberry I.D. with a cap letter and then edit my screen name to match and make Blackberry Link Remote File Access work? Sure makes me wonder (just not bad enough to do a security wipe right now and try it). Right now, I, like you, have my Blackberry I.D. in all lower case letters and the same with my screen name and Remote File Access is working perfectly.
    Last edited by Mozdony; 07-29-14 at 03:07 PM.
    07-29-14 02:52 PM
    Well, for some mysterious reason, I'm back to square one. Not sure what caused it, but now getting same message as at beginning of this thread. Changing to lower case has no effect.

MDZ
    09-01-14 03:59 PM
    I'm having this issue too. I tried changing my BlackBerry id screen name, although it was already starting with a lower case letter. I also tried changing my password. Nothing has worked.
    09-10-14 04:28 PM
    I've tried everything short of a security wipe. It's not worth it to me to go through a backup and wipe, but it is just annoying. I hope it's fixed in next update.

MDZ
    09-10-14 09:25 PM
    I'm actually wondering if this could be an issue with BlackBerry Link. I've been having issues with the latest version not being able to back up my phone. This just seems to be the latest problem with this version.

Or it could be a combination of both link and the phone.

Either way, I'm going to wait it out as well. Hopefully the next update fixes this.
    09-11-14 02:56 AM
    This remains unresolved. Anybody come up with a new idea? Short of wiping phone?

MDZ
    12-03-14 07:42 PM
    I received an update to OS 10.2.1.3442 and it solved my problem.
    12-03-14 09:19 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    Who knows when VZW will push an upgrade.... <sigh>

MDZ
    12-03-14 09:33 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    Who knows when VZW will push an upgrade.... <sigh>

MDZ
    You could always try loading another carrier's OS. I've personally only ever installed what was released by my carrier. But I know the US carriers have been really slow to push updates. Or you could try a leak. Although it's not something I would do for myself.
    12-03-14 09:37 PM