I have a BB 9900 but I have recently been testing a Z10 as I am a guineau pig on this for my company. I first used the Z10 for a couple of weeks with only personal email as we didn't have our new BES ready that works with BB10. My car is a 2013 Lexus GS 350.

With the BB990 (and the Z10 prior to turning on our BES) my contacts would automatically sync to my car and I would get pop up email notifications on the screen in my car.

Since the BES has turned on with the Z10 I only get a subset of contacts that transfer to my car - it looks like only my LinkedIn contacts that have phone numbers are transferred across. And I no longer get the email notifications.

It looks like this may be an issue where the Work workspace is not allowed to communicate via Bluetooth? Is this a setting that my IT dept could turn off and if so does anyone know what setting this is?
    03-26-13 07:52 AM
    It could be BES related although it's unlikely. I'm not in front of a BES 10 box at the moment to check, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a setting to not sync contacts over Bluetooth. I would however doubt that it's disabled by default.
    The fact that it's a new car is also favourable for this to work. Have you tried deleting the other Bluetooth connections? Failing this, reset the handset and try again.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:11 AM
    The car is currently set to reload contacts when it pairs up with the phone. This works 100% with my 9900 and if I unpair my Z10 and pair my 9900 then it works fine - all contacts get synched.

It also doesn't explain the change of behaviour vs the pre-BES Z10 when it comes to email notifications as well.

I used my Z10 for a few weeks before we had our BES active so this was like only a personal device. All of the Z10-car functionality worked perfectly, even better than when I have paired a 9900 or iPhone4. But this has gone away now that I have a BES connected Z10. I will try sending an email to a personal email account that is configured on the Z10 to see if this gives the email pop up.
    03-26-13 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD