I must have missed this. What is that campaign?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    it was from Blackberry a while ago now where they hired a bunch of people to wear black and protest outside one apple store for about half an hour then walk round the city centre chanting, no one knew what it was about so it wasnt very effective in promoting blackberry as it gave more attention to apple and samsung who was being accused of sending the group as some weird promo against apple. the most they managed to do was embarass the apple staff who looked outside and didnt know what was going on and make it awkward for customers to enter the building

this youtube video has actual footage of what happened, the guy had no clue what was going on so i think most people were like wtf? shrugged then forgot about it later that day

http://crackberry.com/crackberry-ask...eting-campaign
    03-10-14 10:22 PM
    Here's how to take this idea and give it universal appeal.

Booth Babes + Hamsterwheel + Kevin in his yoga pants

Pure Sex Appeal + Sex Appeal & Product Knowledge + Sex Appeal & Expert Technical Knowledge = A can't miss winner

(I really should be in advertising!)
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-10-14 10:23 PM
    it was from Blackberry a while ago now where they hired a bunch of people to wear black and protest outside one apple store for about half an hour then walk round the city centre chanting, no one knew what it was about so it wasnt very effective in promoting blackberry as it gave more attention to apple and samsung who was being accused of sending the group as some weird promo against apple. the most they managed to do was embarass the apple staff who looked outside and didnt know what was going on and make it awkward for customers to enter the building

this youtube video has actual footage of what happened, the guy had no clue what was going on so i think most people were like wtf? shrugged then forgot about it later that day

http://crackberry.com/crackberry-ask...eting-campaign
    WTF! That's just embarrassing. A complete joke. If that's what passes for BlackBerry marketing then we are really in trouble.

Thanks so much for sharing that.

03-10-14 10:29 PM
    I don't think booth babes, were his point. LG is active, doing something. Look at an apple comercial they pick a feature or two, and showcase the **** out of it. The time shift camera is a feature that could have showcased the new BB, but only saw it on crackberry.
    The recent Samsung "You gotta see this!" ad is a very good example. No main dialogue other than excited repetitions of the tag line, which promotes memorization. No spec regurgitation but believable situations showing people using Samsung products interacting with each other. It's effective at arousing curiosity about what the viewer just saw. I liked the ad; felt quite natural.
    03-10-14 10:35 PM
    Pretty women went out of fashion? Not on this planet. Maybe in parallel universe.

Posted via CB10
    Are you including that pregnant one on the left in the "petty women" category? I think she is out of fashion in this universe.

03-10-14 10:41 PM
    Cell phones unlike any other products. It require people to sign a phone contract. Though there are individuals that buy it out right, they are the minority. Unlike the tv commercials that pop up every time you turn on the television, the instant attention getting of these girls will be long forgotten when the hockey game started and finished. Unless they sell phone on the spot. This kind of stunt is not effective for this kind of campaign.
    03-11-14 05:35 AM
    WTF! That's just embarrassing. A complete joke. If that's what passes for BlackBerry marketing then we are really in trouble.

Thanks so much for sharing that.

Lol... I'm in another conversation on crackberry right now about the alarm clock not working everyday properly. There's a lot of people its "not waking up"

Crappy campaign though. We all know even the pet rock was marketed better then any blackberry the last 5 years

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-11-14 08:39 AM
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/13/boo...-dont-convert/

This makes some good points

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    03-12-14 02:38 AM
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/13/boo...-dont-convert/

This makes some good points

Posted via CB10
    Good article and links.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:38 AM
    Lol... I'm in another conversation on crackberry right now about the alarm clock not working everyday properly. There's a lot of people its "not waking up"

Crappy campaign though. We all know even the pet rock was marketed better then any blackberry the last 5 years

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    I still have my pet rock, Barney.
    03-13-14 02:19 PM
    here's how to take this idea and give it universal appeal.

Booth babes + hamsterwheel + kevin in his yoga pants

pure sex appeal + sex appeal & product knowledge + sex appeal & expert technical knowledge = a can't miss winner

(i really should be in advertising!)
    pure f*****g gold!

Z10stl100-2/10.2.1.2141 o2 uk
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-13-14 05:02 PM
    Maybe the article meant to read 'Booth Babes Won't Converse with Me' XD

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    03-13-14 09:10 PM
87 ... 234