The red led notification is never permanent on my z10. While on my 9900 it is. This bugs me as I always have to swipe up on the z10 to check for mail after some time.
    Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:09 PM
    I too had this issue but just got use to it after awhile. I hope they bring it back in an update.
    12-09-13 01:17 PM
    Yeah. There doesn't appear to be a way to change that. you get two choices... ON and OFF.
    tap on your help app or in search type LED. There's a lot of information about changing notifications. Maybe I'm missing something.

What I do is have my "Lock Screen" notifications turned "ON." Any Calls, messages, email will appear on the lock screen.Do a little swipe on the Lock Screen and view what's in the message without leaving the lock screen. Then you have the option to "tap to open" the full message.

There are a few other post going right now about LED's. There's "ColorID" and Hub++ which you can buy in BBWorld. They both have so many choices but they must be open to work. It's not integrated in the system. That's the killer for me.

A few people around here know how to get into the system files to change somethings. Maybe they have the answer.
    the research is up to you from here. I'll try to find the guy who know how to hack it!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-09-13 at 01:56 PM.
    12-09-13 01:31 PM
    The red led notification is never permanent on my z10. While on my 9900 it is. This bugs me as I always have to swipe up on the z10 to check for mail after some time.
    Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    What OS did you have on the 9900? Did you have a third party app running for the LED like BeBuzz or similar?

In the years I've had BBs, the LED always stopped flashing after 15 minutes. At least from OS 4.2 on. Only a third party app could override that.

Although, I admit that I don't know if the later OS 7.1 added that setting in addition to the custom LED colors (which was also new to the OS with the later OS 7.1 versions).

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:56 PM
    On my 9800 and 9810, the LED blinked until deactivating it by opening a notification.
    The Z!0 only blinks for a limited time.

All I can suggest is... if it still bugs you, hit it with some bug spray. (Well, you didn't think of that!!)

Besides, in the grand scheme of things it just a blinking light!!!
    12-17-13 06:03 PM